Martin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinbannister

Car
Mercedes C220 sport
I took my 1997 C220 to a main dealer for a recall on the air bag. When I drove it home or was perfect. The following day I put 5 litres of diesel in it as the tank was almost full and I was going on a 400 mile journey. When I started the engine, there were six separate faults.
1 The fuel gauge was at zero and still isn't working
2 a warning notice for rear left indicator bulb came on. All bulbs are working at normal speed ( including mirror bulb), but the indicator is flashing at twice the normal rate
3 ditto for right rear bulb
4 The headlights won't switch off,
5 Front and rear fog lights won't operate
6 The remote central locking will only operate when the fob is virtually touching the car ( both fobs are the same ) but it worked from at least 10 metres away before it went in.
I have had the car from new with no problems. Suggestions please.

+1 for the earth. It also sounds like these are front SAM related (but I may have dreamed that).

I would take it back to the garage who did the work.

If they replaced the air bag then they will have de-activated the airbag circuit somehow.
Possibly just by disconnecting the battery or removing a fuse or setting/removing a link. In the process they may have damaged /disturbed some other electrical connection giving you these weird problems. If a post 97 facelift car it will have a canbus so best to get it on the MB Star diagnostic system. Probably only think you can easily check yourself would be the battery connections/terminals?
Time to take it back to that main dealer that did the recall??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom