• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mbhq?

SimonsMerc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Merc S212 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport 256bhp, Suzuki GSX-650F, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Dynamic
Hullo,

I'm going off to Daimler Chrysler in Milton Keynes tomorrow, for work. I'm assuming this is the same place as MB HQ? Anything interesting I should be looking out for? Nice areas where they store top cars? Any insiders wanna tell me what I should look for? :-)

-simon

If you happen to pass the stores, see if you can 'borrow' a set of CL65 alloys for me! :D

Yep - it's the same place (Tongwell).

The main car park is good for your average Benz, but behind the building on the left (as you look up the car park to the reception area) is the stock holding area. Anything not being collected direct from the factory will come here first.

I was in a portacabin there 2/3 years back and found the cars hairing up and down having their brakes checked before loading onto the transporters a bit distracting........

Memories come flooding back - I was there on the day of the main press launch of the SL........about 30 of them lined up outside. Reception had some nice young ladies with keys; no amount of blagging worked so just had to drool from the meeting room that overlooked them while the journos played with the roof before driving off.

They quite often have some good motors in the reception area too - although bear in mind that this is DC and not MB, so there could be Jeeps, Chryslers, etc...............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom