Mercedes C200 CDI Engine /DPF damaged. Cause?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok everyone, thats it; Thank you all very much for your valuable input and help.

alex, you are right mate this all happen to me aswell,drive realy fast and then smoke overrev ,well car runing around 2-3min i was run whit keys in may hand,white smoke,this cost me just two injectors but still problems whit DPF and i look some one two know good mehanic to clean my DPF or someting like this

baggister said:
ok very, very interesting - thanks very much. Could this have happened regardless of being in neutral, eg, if i was doing,for instance, 110, downhill, revs high? (and they were high, though reasonably certain not in the red) thanks

IMHO you're to blame for leaving the engine oil high and not checking which caused hydraulic shock.Not a problem revving the engine,all MOT centres revving to check the emissions,doesn't mean they damaging the engines.

Begone foul spirit ----ghost of Christm----- :doh: of ancient posts past and trouble Herr Gottlieb Ebenezer Daimler [ our agility packages are particularly favourable at this festive time] no more.:eek: Don't rattle your timing chain at me mate--- I ain't scared.:p

baggister said:
I was told this by colleagues, and have been called everything from Idiot to ****. So no, not really condescending

Well, I hope you're right, but as much as I'd love to agree with you, lets face it, its obvious to all and sundry in this thread that my mechanical knowlege lies between very little and zero!

But big cheers anyway, for the most "optimistic" response :thumb: haha.

I don't think it's entirely your fault,when was the engine oil changed and who did it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom