• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes e350 wont start

nadsy123

Car
mercedes e350 bluetec cab
Hi all I have a mercedes e350 bluetec cab it was parked up over winter came to start it and it started but when I put it in gear it stalled now it just won't start just cranks over but wont fire it's saying component r48 has open circuit please can anyone help thank you

Well it seems that R48 is the coolant thermostat heating element suggestion is the thermostat needs replacing,but as you cannot drive it,suggest you get a mobile mechanic,get one thats recommended by somebody local,his scanner should be able to tell exactly whats gone wrong.

Hi thank you so so much for helping really appreciated I have a diagnostic scanner machine and the code is 146300 is this the thermostat also is it difficult to fit thanks again

Well it seems that R48 is the coolant thermostat heating element suggestion is the thermostat needs replacing,but as you cannot drive it,suggest you get a mobile mechanic,get one thats recommended by somebody local,his scanner should be able to tell exactly whats gone wrong.
Ps if the thermostat has gone will the car not start at all just turn over thank you

I’d have thought there is no signal from a temperature sensor, which could possibly put the car into a non start situation, although, if the car has been stood, there could well be water in the fuel, or even mould in the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom