• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes W124 M103 260E

Carat 3.6 The part is for the EVAP sytem ..this part is making a whering noise .So i do need to test it . Never noticed it before with the heaters on . so i dont know just how long its made the noise . Cars stood for 4 days ..It was a hard start to -day . it was a test to see how it did start ..just as i though not good ...
Black pipe with a red trace is normally on the gearbox line, but the only way to be sure if it is part of the evap system is to follow the vacuum lines. I doubt any part of the evap setup is causing your starting issue though.

Did you check if the fuel pumps are working when they should be?

Carat i have removed the lines on the control valve and one is pullsing so i recon it is fine, it sucks vapour from the carbon canister to vent in to the engine ..dont think its for the auto box .. The EVAP control valve only makes a noise when i start up . And other than the hard start its all running good ..Waiting on my little helper to fit both accumulator and mb fuel filkter ...watch this space ..

Carat 3.6 You left me to sort this valve out myself 😀 .You did say it looked like a selenoid valve for gearbox looks like yoor right . Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 09-07-14 My eBay Messages.jpeg

Carat 3.6 You left me to sort this valve out myself 😀 .You did say it looked like a selenoid valve for gearbox looks like yoor right . View attachment 158750

Sorry busy week!

As I say, I still think your issues are the fuel pumps not operating when they should. I wouldn't mess around with the gearbox control lines or you risk cracking a pipe where you cant get to it, the valves are quite brittle with age.

carat 3.6 The cradle turned up alsi ..Wanted to replace it because the FPR is loose in there .

Do a check of the 4 rubbers that hold the pump cradle are not perished, I have a feeling they are no longer available so you need to shop around if they are.

Good idea . On it now ..i did say to the mobile thingamajig to take the pump set out, cradle and all to do it on the bench ,,but i know nothing , and he ruled ny idea out.. I cant get him back to finih the accumulator and fuel filter ..been on the phone some time now to get another mobile mechanic to call.But my local garage is next i will try them tomorrow first thing . I could do the whole job in 30 mins if i could only get down there and use my hands .I have repaired every thing on the car until now i am so uptight over it .

4 rubbers that hold the pump cradle are not perished, I have a feeling they are no longer available so you need to shop around if they are.

We got a set of 4 rubber hangers from MB not long ago so it's worth asking.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom