• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes ml 300cdi 4 matic 2010 intermittently smoking

Harryteddy

Car
Mercedes ml 300 cdi 4 matic 2010
Hi my first time here and please looking for advice 🤞 I have just purchased a Mercedes ml 300 cdi 4 matic 3.0 v6 2010 . Car starts runs and drives fine . After driving for 5 minutes or so once car is warm I get a strong smell and whitish blue smoke coming from exhaust mainly when we stop at a red light and are at a complete stop 🛑 if I accelerate smoke 💨 goes away and is fine while driving. Sometimes happens on idle but then stops and no smoke ? I have been checking oil and coolant . No loss on oil or coolant ? Even driving long distances? I don’t know history of the car as just purchased so I do not know if it has had DPF delete or not . There is no warning ❗️ lights on dash and is not overheating 🥵 please 🙏🏻 does anyone know where to point me in the right direction many thanks

Most likely cause is dribbling/leaking injectors causing white smoke (unburnt vapourised diesel) to come out of the exhaust.

Most likely cause is dribbling/leaking injectors causing white smoke (unburnt vapourised diesel) to come out of the exhaust.
Thank you for reply 👍 I’m not mechanical In any way but would it be possible injector seal or faulty injector itself. And would you recommend adding injector cleaner to fuel ⛽️ to see if it helps ?

Faulty injector, not the seal, usually caused by worn injector nozzles at around 100,000 miles.

Injector cleaner usually does not help in my experience.

Faulty injector, not the seal, usually caused by worn injector nozzles at around 100,000 miles.

Injector cleaner usually does not help in my experience.
Thank you appreciate your help 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom