• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes ML320 CDI with turbo issue and fault code P2616

davhen2311

Car
citroen ax
Hi guys looking for some help with my friends mercedes here. There seems to be some noise once you let your foot off the accelerator pedal, hard to explain how it sounds but its almost like a whistle along with a low pitched gasping for air sound that is not very loud but noticeable. I have ran a scan on the car and the only fault I have is P2616 Exhaust back pressure sensor, pressure difference too small, intermittent. I have ran live data on this sensor and im getting 976 hpa with engine off and I get around 2002hpa when I put my foot on the accelerator. Any ideas on what could be causing the noise fron the turbo area and could the cause of this fault code be causing the symptoms I am hearing?

What's the mileage?
The exhaust back pressure sensors are prone to failure, but the cat could be blocked, turbo playing up etc
Do you have equipment to look and see if the exhaust is blocked?
The back pressure sensors are relatively cheap!
If it were me I'd look at live data on a road test

If the cat was blocked I would get an exhaust back pressure too high reading. I have tested the sensor on live data and it seems to be operational.

when you sit stationary in neutral and press the accelerator pedal then quickly let go you hear a grumble coming from the turbo as if its sucking air in then pushing it back out the intake. Not really clued up on turbos at all

Did you fix it i got the same problem getting nut

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom