Millions of motorists to be hit by green parking taxes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just park at your local Hospital when you take a train.....

:bannana:
You're joking aren't you? Most hospital carparks I've seen cost more than parking practically anywhere else!:rolleyes:

I walk to the station-car stays in garage. Parking @ Helensburgh station is free, but I save on fuel by walking.

You're joking aren't you? Most hospital carparks I've seen cost more than parking practically anywhere else!:rolleyes:

You obviously missed the announcement this month that Scotland were abolishing parking charges in hospitals :eek:

They must be making more efficient use of their tax revenue :)

Lights blue touchpaper and retires to a safe distance.... :devil:

Recession soon? Wake up it had been happening since Aug last year.

Where have you been? :p

We are not officially in recession yet actually. Wont be long though:(

The car park at the station I commute from is free ... but only has room for about 40 cars. They did have an agreement with Tesco next door where you could use their car park for £3 (?) , but I think that's stopped now.

I used to commute from Woking, the car park by the station there is £11.50 a day ... and the (BR) one down the road is £8. Not exactly a bargain.

my station car park (leighton buzzard) changed hands this spring and surprise surprise cost have gone up in the double digits, a colleague of mine had their station car park cost go up by 100%, Tesco car park near that station was a lot busier all of a sudden :)

Leighton Buzzard does not have a tesco nearby unfort.

The car park at the station I commute from is free ... but only has room for about 40 cars. They did have an agreement with Tesco next door where you could use their car park for £3 (?) , but I think that's stopped now.

I used to commute from Woking, the car park by the station there is £11.50 a day ... and the (BR) one down the road is £8. Not exactly a bargain.

I have a parking space very very near to Woking station and its free:bannana: Very useful when I need to come into woking shopping at the weekend or go up to London.

A colleague has to use the public car park and you are right they are not cheap.

I'm glad I have a driveway and don't live in London; the overcrowded, car-hating communist capital of the world :bannana:

I've got a C43 on the drive in my (London) home and the the Clio on the road.

What you say about car haters is increasingly true. I've started getting odd attitudes from people when musing about chopping the C43 in for a C32/C55/E500 whatever.

People not interested in cars are now turning anti.

Won't stop me though. I can feel another V8 coming on....

I've got a C43 on the drive in my (London) home and the the Clio on the road.

What you say about car haters is increasingly true. I've started getting odd attitudes from people when musing about chopping the C43 in for a C32/C55/E500 whatever.

People not interested in cars are now turning anti.

Won't stop me though. I can feel another V8 coming on....

Good for you, don't let the dillusion have nots of this word and the "carbon this and global that" eco terrorist put you off having something nice....

I walk to the station-car stays in garage. Parking @ Helensburgh station is free, but I save on fuel by walking.

.....and I bet you don't live at the top of Sinclair Street - the walk back up afterwards used to bring me out in a sweat ;)

.....and I bet you don't live at the top of Sinclair Street - the walk back up afterwards used to bring me out in a sweat ;)

I do actually, on a parallel to the towns only tourist attraction. I now take the train from Helensburgh upper station so its a shorter walk ;) keeps ones belly where it belongs ;)

I do actually, on a parallel to the towns only tourist attraction. I now take the train from Helensburgh upper station so its a shorter walk ;) keeps ones belly where it belongs ;)

That'll be the posh part of town then? :)

That'll be the posh part of town then? :)

Yeah, its where the Merc lives during the day. Its a nice place to live, I can't imagine living in Glasgow or anywhere else, despite the commute and the walk up the hill.

Fella next door has a Lambo Murcielago, Audi S8, Audi RS4, SL55, Range Rover (the proper one, not the "sport") and an Audi A6 Tdi. However his house is in a bad way and he is confined to the gound floor as he hasn't bothered repairing the roof. Posh folk spend their money in the strangest of ways.

Fella next door has a Lambo Murcielago, Audi S8, Audi RS4, SL55, Range Rover (the proper one, not the "sport") and an Audi A6 Tdi. However his house is in a bad way and he is confined to the gound floor as he hasn't bothered repairing the roof.

You can see all that on Google earth.

You can see all that on Google earth.

Nah, you can hear the Lambo a mile off. Sounds like god clearing his throat. It makes the RS4 sound like a wasp trapped in a jar.

You wouldn't his cars thought bar the A6 Tdi, they don't run on heavy oil.

I meant his house roof...

His wife told us, + a few tradesman that have been in mentioned its in a bad state. There is speculation he'll let it decay beyond a state of repair, then build 2-4 luxury houses in the grounds/plot and rake in the money (well he would have done so a few years back, before the redundant estate agent became common place). Why this speculation I reckon you ask?, he did it before 20 odd years ago and cleaned up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom