Mk 270 oily engine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freza74

Car
E39 at the mo, w211 e240 incoming.
Hi.
This is my 2nd w163 but my first diesel for many years.
I've noticed the odd drip of black oil on my drive and upon inspection, it looks like the block is covered all on the right side (when looking under the bonnet). I've read about the intake manifold with worn flaps causing this, and getting the swirl flaps removed and holes filled with bolts, and egr delete could solve the leak. This sounds above my skill level with a spanner so any recommendations for someone to do this and approximate cost please would be brilliant. I live in Norwich.
Other than that, it seems to drive great.
Kind regards, Wayne.

Would this work ?

And would removing the egr have to be done too ?. If so, does it still have to be connected as such so the ecu doesn't throw a code ?.
I know very little about diesels as i usually have petrol.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, EGR delete is an MOT failure.

Hello Freza .^^^ What he said ^^^ Don't do it . Get it fixed properly. May I ask what made you switch to a Diesel car after 'years' in petrol models when many people (including manufacturers) are going in the opposite way ?

Hi, EGR delete is an MOT failure.
Ok thanks. Would swirl flap removal compromise the egr or not have any effect ?. Cheers.

I know very little about diesels as i usually have petrol.
You've been a member here for over a year - ample time to read the threads on EGR and swirl flap delete to know that this bodging rather than properly repairing to the standards the car met when it left the factory is unacceptable for a variety of reasons. Anyone disinclined to properly maintain a diesel should avoid buying a diesel - it really is that simple.

And I'm just going to leave.
I know from your errr, strong replies to similar post in the past to this very subject that you are strong advocate of fixing , not bodging particularly in the emission related part of an engine , me too...but..

I think the OP is is taking advice from elsewhere and does not understand what is involved . Any chance of explaining that to him before you leave this thread , please...pretty please. It might stop the OP from gassing us all.

Cheers.

I know from your errr, strong replies to similar post in the past to this very subject that you are strong advocate of fixing , not bodging particularly in the emission related part of an engine , me too...but..

I think the OP is is taking advice from elsewhere and does not understand what is involved . Any chance of explaining that to him before you leave this thread , please...pretty please. It might stop the OP from gassing us all.

Cheers.
Nope.
Don't mess with what you don't understand is all that needs to be said. He will only succeed if someone takes him by the hand through what is necessary to defeat the ECU. By now the forum's view on this is emerging - ie, it's messing with the value of its members cars. I don't expect anyone to be as idiotic as offer assistance. If they do, it will be in full view of the forum.

Nope.
Don't mess with what you don't understand is all that needs to be said. He will only succeed if someone takes him by the hand through what is necessary to defeat the ECU. By now the forum's view on this is emerging - ie, it's messing with the value of its members cars. I don't expect anyone to be as idiotic as offer assistance. If they do, it will be in full view of the forum.
Understood 👍

Wow, I guess fix it as it came from the factory is the recommendation. Perhaps just saying that in a non judgemental arrogant **** kind of way would have sufficed. **** you and your forum you ***** 🖕.

Mind the door doesn't catch you on the way out ...

Kind of agree with Freza74, he was asking for help, not to get jumped on ! Don't leave the forum ! That kind of response is not the norm. :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom