• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

ML 270CDi - Black Smoke when accelerating!!

I've used it before, but have elected to use V-Power instead, as it stinks!! No matter how careful I try to be I get it all over me!!

SMOKING UPDATE

Crashed my ML in the snow the other day and broke the steering arm!, As the mechanic was doing the repair I starting to tell him about the smoking problem (the ML's and not mine!). He went around to the back of the ML, stuck his fingers in the exhaust and then showed me his hand........his fingers where covered in oil!
He said that the valves in the engine were leaking oil into the exhaust and once the ML starts to get warm the oil starts to burn causing the some while accelerating!

He did say there is a salution you can buy to repair the seals but its better to replace them!

Back to where I bought it from AGAIN, they must be getting sick of me buy now!

Will keep you all posted!

SMOKING UPDATE

He said that the valves in the engine were leaking oil into the exhaust and once the ML starts to get warm the oil starts to burn causing the some while accelerating!

It sounds to me to be more likely be the turbo seals worn/failed and leaking engine oil past the turbine and into the exhaust system which would result in a very smoky trail and oil residue in the exhaust system. I very much doubt it's the valve seals causing it, failure of those usually results in smoke appearing when you accelerate after a long 'overun'.....such as descending a hill with no power applied..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom