Ml270 black smoke when stationary 03 March 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grantysx

Car
Ml270 cdi
Hi I have a 2001 ml270 cdi
When in drive but stationary it blow black smoke from exhaust if I but it in neutral it clears, when driving it's fine.any help would be much appreciated

Do the revs increase when you press the accelerator and the car move off as normal?

Do you have access to a code reader (ideally MB Star)

07 Viano 3.0
Yes it drives as usually?
Do the revs increase when you press the accelerator and the car move off as normal?

Do you have access to a code reader (ideally MB Star)

07 Viano 3.0
Thanks for your reply
It drives as normal but when you stop at traffic light etc.. it smokes and it trys to pull forward abit much

Not that this helps you but I have a very similar issue as in I get the smoke and the car is really try to creep at standstill.

Has there been any work done in the car recently?

(I suspect my issue to be an electrical problem, possibly a grounding issue for some of the sensors but I haven’t had time to rule this out yet.)

07 Viano 3.0

Not that this helps you but I have a very similar issue as in I get the smoke and the car is really try to creep at standstill.

Has there been any work done in the car recently?

(I suspect my issue to be an electrical problem, possibly a grounding issue for some of the sensors but I haven’t had time to rule this out yet.)

07 Viano 3.0

Turbo intercooler
Injectors
Diesel rail
It was smoking when driving and cutting out but that's fine now
But the smoke when stationary and the creeping is bad I put in N when stationary

Hi I have a 2001 ml270 cdi
When in drive but stationary it blow black smoke from exhaust if I but it in neutral it clears, when driving it's fine.any help would be much appreciated
Not familiar with the Mercedes but if I was working on anything else I would be thinking EGR valve.
Guess if Mercedes has one and its faulty a code reader would show it.
Maybe when in Netural the EGR turns off?

Hello
My problem was not black smoke when at idle but the smell of engine fumes. As yet I have not looked at it as it runs well and uses no oil. It dint always do it though.
Black smoke is normally connected with a restricted inlet or maybe an EGR valve sticking but I am not familiar with these on the Merc.
Sorry I can't be of more help
Ken

FYI - I’ve replaced the whole engine wiring loom and that hasn’t cured the issue. At least all the sensors are now reporting which makes a change. There were several broken wires in the old loom :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom