MMI / iPhone 7 via MMI - C63 507

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

356speedster

Car
Mercedes Benz AMG C63S Coupe
Can anyone help with connecting an iPhone 7 to the Comand Online system, via the MMI port?

I bought an MMI to Lightening lead online (OK not genuine Merc, but seller appears to sell a lot of them), but I'm not able to access the phone's media content via Comand. Connections to car & phone are good and as soon as they're plugged in, the phone starts charging, but that's all I get. Command give a Device Not Connected message onscreen.

Car is a late 2014 C63 507, if that helps? I don't know any Comand versions, so if that's pertinent any advice on finding that info would be welcome!

I did see a comment that some cars might need an older style lead (MMI to old style Apple 30pin), which itself then needs a 30pin to Lightening adapter adding too.. is that correct?

Thanks for any help!

Can anyone help with connecting an iPhone 7 to the Comand Online system, via the MMI port?

I bought an MMI to Lightening lead online (OK not genuine Merc, but seller appears to sell a lot of them), but I'm not able to access the phone's media content via Comand. Connections to car & phone are good and as soon as they're plugged in, the phone starts charging, but that's all I get. Command give a Device Not Connected message onscreen.

Car is a late 2014 C63 507, if that helps? I don't know any Comand versions, so if that's pertinent any advice on finding that info would be welcome!

I did see a comment that some cars might need an older style lead (MMI to old style Apple 30pin), which itself then needs a 30pin to Lightening adapter adding too.. is that correct?

Thanks for any help!

My W205 has 2 Sockets in the Central Compartment, LH for MM1 to whatever for Charging, RH MM1 to the old 30 Pin connected to my I Pod for Media, it show on Comand no problem! :)

Hi John.... in the centre compartment, my car has a USB socket and then a big MMI socket. The USB socket with an official Apple lead will only charge the phone, but I understand that's correct, it's not meant to permit iPhone control - it will charge / allow a USB stick with MP3s to be played only.

My issue is the MMI port, which isn't allowing the phone's media to be accessed either.... any advise on the formal MMI port is appreciated!

Hi John.... in the centre compartment, my car has a USB socket and then a big MMI socket. The USB socket with an official Apple lead will only charge the phone, but I understand that's correct, it's not meant to permit iPhone control - it will charge / allow a USB stick with MP3s to be played only.

My issue is the MMI port, which isn't allowing the phone's media to be accessed either.... any advise on the formal MMI port is appreciated!

W205 has 2 x USB ports LH for Charging RH for Media Interface, yours sounds the same as my A Class (14 plate), there was a dedicated MMI Port, the car came with a MMI to 30 Pin Apple Male connection so I suspect that your Cable is allowing power through but is not recognised as being connected to the Comand Media! :eek:

Yes, this is correct. Probably best to have a genuine Apple 30pin to Lightening too. I have this set-up and it works fine.

Quick update....... I got an MMI to Apple 30-pin lead, added an Apple 30-pin to Lightening adapter and everything is working perfect! Full iPhone control and charging, exactly as I wanted :) Just seems odd that the MMI to Lightening leads don't work. Oh well, all sorted now, so that's fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom