Multiple EMC fault codes Nox sensor 2 bank 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david575

Car
Mercedes C220 AMG Line D
Engine management light came on today in my Mercedes C220 AMG Line D ( just turned 3 years with 20k miles) and a very kind Greenflag technician ran a diagnostic resulting in the undernoted 5 codes which he was unable to rectify.
I have absolutely no knowledge of car mechanics but hope there is an element of one principal issue with a resultant 4 technical errors.
I hope someone can give me some guidance before I take it to MB dealer as I know there are numerous costly issues with Nox sensors and the vehicle is now just out of warranty. I presume that it will note be safe to continue to using the car although there were no performance issues after the light came on. (12 mile drive back home)

(All codes relate to Nox sensor 2 Bank 1)
P220F77 Heater has electrical fault
V015587 Comm with instrument cluster has malfunction
P229F92 Has malfunction - Instruction is faulty
P229E11 Has electrical fault - Short to ground
P229F85 Has malfunction - Signal above limit value.
#Thanks
David575

Does the warning message on your dashboard say something like “Engine will not start in 800 miles” That is the message i got when my Nox Sensors were duff

Does the warning message on your dashboard say something like “Engine will not start in 800 miles” That is the message i got when my Nox Sensors were duff
Hi Tom, no it's just an orange engine light

Engine management light came on today in my Mercedes C220 AMG Line D ( just turned 3 years with 20k miles) and a very kind Greenflag technician ran a diagnostic resulting in the undernoted 5 codes which he was unable to rectify.
I have absolutely no knowledge of car mechanics but hope there is an element of one principal issue with a resultant 4 technical errors.
I hope someone can give me some guidance before I take it to MB dealer as I know there are numerous costly issues with Nox sensors and the vehicle is now just out of warranty. I presume that it will note be safe to continue to using the car although there were no performance issues after the light came on. (12 mile drive back home)

(All codes relate to Nox sensor 2 Bank 1)
P220F77 Heater has electrical fault
V015587 Comm with instrument cluster has malfunction
P229F92 Has malfunction - Instruction is faulty
P229E11 Has electrical fault - Short to ground
P229F85 Has malfunction - Signal above limit value.
#Thanks
David575
Hi David, I don't know what fault code was didn't tell me

Hey David the same happened with me a few days back that i got to see a similar error to P11DC P11DB P20EE P2BAD P229F62 P229FE1 P229E11 P229F09 P2202 P2200 P2201 P220162 P2203 P2204 P229E P20EE00 on my car’s computer dashboard too. After searching a lot on the internet and asking a few friends out I got to know that there is something wrong with my nox sensor and on further driving I could have damaged my engine completely.

However, with such a scenario I reached out to NOX Sensor for Mercedes Benz, BMW & DAF | Xenons4u to get the perfect replacement for my faulty sensor. If you feel like giving them a try you should do it once because my experience with them was good enough and if anyone of you have further suggestion that are better than this so please pour in the recommendation too.

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom