• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

My Ad Centre

tlzeebub

Car
2003 S320CDi, Ducati916
Afternoon chaps during this last week my Gmail is full of adverts, I can click on each one individually and block the advert but at my age I don't think I've got long enough left to block everything that is landing in my inbox, this is only a very recent thing so I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get rid of all these annoyances, I'm using Opera browser if that's of any relevance, appreciate any help guys, regards Chris

If you're receiving the adverts as email messages in your Gmail account, then there's nothing that you can do on your browser or laptop/PC to prevent that.

If the adverts have a common source, or other common features, then you can set up a filter rule in Gmail to bypass your Inbox send them straight to Junk.

Otherwise, you can subscribe to a paid spam filtering service.

If, however, there are not email messages, but pop-up ads in your browser, then try using Firefox browser with the Ghostery add-on instead of Opera.

Thanks for your help Mark unfortunately I am receiving the ads as email messages into my Gmail account so it looks like I'll just have to live with it, it just seems strange that this has only happened in the last week, appreciate the help, cheers Chris

Last edited:
You might find these to be of help:-

Thanks NJSS I'll take a look at them over the next day to see if I can get that to work, regards Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom