My New C-Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HowardD

Car
Something else
Hi everyone,

I never thought I would join a group, but this MB forum seems a more friendly, courteous environment than others I have wandered across.

So here I am. And thank you for having me.

I am the recently proud father of Olivia, whose arrival gave my girlfriend motivation to twist my arm to changing the Mini for something with more doors (thankfully not a Clubman!).

Courtesy of MB of Kettering, we have a nice shiny, new Obsidian C220, Auto, Sport, Heated Leather, bigger wheels and Parktronic, and other options that MB should really not charge extra for (cup holder, split folding rear seats, 6-cd) and something it doesn't need (telephone prewiring - it already has bluetooth and MB tell me the cradles are almost £200)

During the buying experience, I was a little surprised how different dealers are in their behaviour. Greenoaks (both Slough & Ascot) refused to give me a discount to start with, eventually offering a fairly miserly £2.5k. They did not make me feel like they wanted our business.

But, MB Kettering (I think Sytner) offered a £7,500k discount and a fair part exchange and we were pleasantly treated.

First impresssions are of a very pretty, useful and well equipped car with a smooth ride and nice to drive (despite the big wheels and hard tyres). It seems to attract attention and I haven't seen many on the road (although I do live in Bracknell - the home of BMW)

And Olivia? Well she is completely underwhelmed and finds all MB journeys sleep inducing!!

There are some great forum members cars on here.

Last edited:
Hi Howard,

Welcome to the club and congrats for both the new arrivals !

Ben

Welcome to the Forum, congrats on the two new additions!

As far as your C Class is concerned, very nice. The new C Class has has certainly grown on me and it looks great in black. Sounds as if you have had very variable dealer experiences, but the discount you eventually got sounds fairly generous.

Welcome, congratulations on both car and daughter.

Lovely looking car.

Great Choice... well it would be would'nt it:rolleyes: oh and welcome

Welcome.

The discount is astonishing - will you come with me to buy my next car, please? :D

Welcome. To both of you!

Nice car, even nicer discount! Is it a pre-reg?

Hello mate ...

Welcome onboard ! :bannana:

MB Kettering (I think Sytner) offered a £7,500k discount
I take it you have photo's of the Dealer Principal doing what he shouldn't be doing? ;) :)

Seriously, welcome from another W204 owner and congrats on a great deal.

Congrads on both a beautiful baby and a nice deal on a merc..since you treated yourself to nice heated leather, is the baby getting a merc carseat in return..!!! hopefully with its own cupholder..;)

Hi and welcome on board we are a friendly bunch although we do have some fiery debates sometimes, which is what makes this forum as good as it is.

Yes Welcome to the best FORUM.

Welcome to the best Forum and congratulations on both new arrivals...

Smashing car, I got mine from there too, so I have to agree with your comments on them. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.

Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom