My watercooled build finished

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
what performance rating does it give in wndows 7 bet it flys..

:)

A superb job Gareth, a work of art to be proud of.

Nice. The Obsidian is a great case. I've just upgraded to a 580 as well... nice GPU. One question though. Why a i7 950 and not Sandybridge?

The decent Sandy Bridge motherboards just aren't out at the moment and I wasn't prepared to wait.

Like it !

My cooling is shocking but I have 4 optical and 5 HDD drives with cables everywhere, the opticals are IDE cables as well.

Keep toying with the idea of water cooling but always had that fear thing of putting liquid near by nearest and dearest.

:)

Gareth

This is fantastic. Q. Does it control the cooling for the whole water bed of just the part it is sat on. Great looking Duvet.

OK sorry.....

Looks great :thumb:

Your not planning on a crossfire set up I take it by the placement of the pump?

SLI, yes a second GPU will be going in before too long (above the current one, yes it will fit once the soundcard is repositioned!)

The decent Sandy Bridge motherboards just aren't out at the moment and I wasn't prepared to wait.

Fair enough. Still a beautifully put together rig. I'll wait for LGA2011 I think. I already have a X58 rig, and I'm not investing any more in that platform as it's effectively a end of line product now. Sandybridge (1155), while faster, is is not an upgrade IMO... not with the 16 PCIe lane, quad channel, hexa-core LGA2011 just around the corner. I'll wait 6 months.

Ok, truely finished now the second GPU & SSD have been added.

Complete1.jpg

Complete2.jpg

Complete3.jpg

Corsair 800D Case
Corsair AX1200 PSU
ASUS Rampage III Extreme Motherboard
Intel i7 950 CPU
12GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz Memory
Corsair Airflow & Airflow Pro Memory Fans/LED Readout
2 x EVGA Hydro Copper 2 FTW 580 GTX (Watercooled) SLI
Creative Labs XFi Titanium Soundcard
2 x Corsair Force 120GB SSD HDDs
2 x Western Digital 150GB 10,000rpm Raptor HDDs
2 x Western Digital 1TB HDDs
LG Blu-Ray Reader/Writer
Lamptron FC5 V2 Fan Controller
XSPC 360mm Radiator
EK Supreme HF (Nickel/Plex) CPU Waterblock
EK Rampage III Extreme Motherboard Waterblock (Nickel/Plexi)
4 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm Fans (1450rpm)
iandh Stealth Reservoir 225
Laing D5 Pump with Bitspower Mod Top (V2)
Bitspower Compression Fittings
Tygon R3603 Tubing (Clear)
Feser One Fluid (Red)
XSPC LCD Water Temp Readout
MDPC-X Black Sleeved Cables
MDPC-X Screws, Fixtures & Fittings etc

I don't pretend for one moment to understand any of the technical stuff but it sure does look good and is a mark of your shear commitment to 'build excellence'

That is awesome and I do understand the technicalities! :thumb:

Serious money to spend on a performance PC! Are you using it to run some seriously graphic intensive gaming or is it being wasted on World of Warcraft :p :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom