N00b here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3M3M

Hi all, first post, nice to see you.

I have signed up here because I am looking into maybe buying a MB with view to running on BD/wvo/svo (I hope that doesn't upset any MB purists in anyway - it's not meant to!).

I need to do some heavy reasearch into engine types and running on these fuels, but apart from doing a search for the most general things, I find it difficult becasue I don't really know what I'm looking for.

Let me say what I think I know already, and maybe someone could point me in the direction of certain threads or sub-sections on this subject, please?

My basic knowledge is very basic...

To run on vwo/svo in a MB, I need to be looking for:
1) A MB (told you it was basic)
2) A W124 engine
3) Must be compression ignition (ie diesel)
4) Not later built than 1999
5) No difference if saloon or estate

Uh, that's it. Can you correct me if I'm wrong on any point please?

Many thanks for reading, and hope it's not tooooo n000000by!

Howdy and welcome!

No-one will be offended, there quite a few vegan members here!

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=48816

I can't advise more than searching as I don't know much on the topic, but there are lots of threads (and soon lots of helpful people!)

again, Welcome!

Michele

Can anyone comment on the year? I mean, is the best MB E class for vegoil pre-1999?

I have a 300d w124 saloon auto if you want it. No tax left , short mot, reasonably tidy condition (some silly chuff put some chrome wheel arch trims on and this has caused corrosion) not turbo, not multivalve, just a basic but nice car to drive.
Yours for £750, complete with a pair of replacement 2nd hand front wings in better condition than the ones that are on.

For your info..............:D

PS, already runs on Veg oil

Thanks f0r the offer, but I'm just gathering information at the moment.

you need a W124 diesel. Can range from 1987 to 1996. 1993-1996 have multivalve engines.

i run two of these on veg :cool:

I take it that they are both automatics, SS?

Is the engine the OM606?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom