• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Names

johncherokee

Car
CLC200k
I hope I am not being rude, but I am intrigued by how members have acquired their forum names.
To start, I got mine many years ago when I first went on eBay. My name is John, and I was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee, so the two went together, and I have used it ever since. The avatar came up when I joined this forum. Amazingly, I don’t look like that!

Beck in the late 70's/early 80's when I played video games in arcades there was an option to record your name as a high score, I used ToeKnee to differentiate me from the other Tony's that were around at the time (more popular name back then 😁)

Back in the days when 8086 was THE processor to have (!) the kids and I played with networking so they could use the stupidly expensive LN03 laser printer in the loft. I worked in IT so used to get all sorts of stuff back from Customers so went skip diving. Network names were LOTR characters so also had Arwen, Bilbo, Gandalf etc. (and yes, I misspelt Gollum!)

My initials

I was looking for my first AMG when I joined the forum.
Couldn't think of anything more witty at the time.
The character in my avatar probably wouldn't have gone down well with admin;)

I was looking for my first AMG when I joined the forum.
Couldn't think of anything more witty at the time.
The character in my avatar probably wouldn't have gone down well with admin;)

I can do an amazing impression of Herbert saying "guess who". 😂

True story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom