• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Names

Done a bit of boxing in my teens. Had a couple of boxer dogs and love going to watch boxing, as it’s my favourite sport. So seemed obvious. And I was born in 1970 😁

My first forum membership was the Corrado forum. The Scirocco (and later the Corrado) was known as the Poormansporsche. Stuck with it ever since despite the large amount of letters !

I usually just use my old school nickname for forums, "BORIS" but that was already taken when I joined here, so after I hade bounced the race car end over end five times my mate added the "Bounce" bit to my nickname and it stuck.

And if you are wondering why Boris in the first place, I was in the school chess club in the 70's while Boris Spassky was never out of the news, my surname is Laskey hence I became Boris!

The first car forum I ever joined was an ALFA forum in about 2010..... and I'm half Italian.... simple as that. There is a you-tuber with the same name and he had the nerve to ask me to change mine.... but as I could prove I had used the name first I said."No"!

Just for transparency... I'm actually half English, one quarter Italian and one quarter Maltese.... but why let the facts get in the way of a good forum name!

Janner; A corruption of John and my nickname within our small boating fraternity.
Big; because 'Janner' was already taken.

Boring really . . . . .
(Hey . .this could be my new forum name . . . . .hmmm)

When I joined my wife was running a Smart and I had an E320 , hence Smart320

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom