• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

** Pic's of my new car, DESIGNO S63AMG V8 BiTurbo W221**

The 65 looks a little too slamed :oops:

You're right, it is a bit too slammed and I will raise the car up. We went to the sea side recently and there was 4 of us in the car. It was rubbing on the wheel arch liners at the back. I can't have that. The height of the S63 is perfect, just low enough. The stance of the car is very important for me but at the same time the car must drive as it should. I don't mind the ride being a bit harder

Oh and I must have adjusted the height on the S65 about 20+ times and I'm still not happy whereas the S63, I adjusted the linkages once before fitting them and that was it, I was happy with the height. I have never gotten it right the first time 😁

Last edited:
Hello,

I decided to paint the brakes on the S65AMG and I went for silver discs and yellow callipers with black AMG logo

At the same time I thought I’d do the brakes on the S63AMG and I went for the same colour as I think yellow suits both cars?

I wanted to do a half decent job on the cars so I went to the paint shop and asked for some advise on what I needed to buy to good results.
I should have just done them like I normally do, just paint them silver and not go ott with it like I did this time but I thought i'd be brave and try something different.

I bought,

X3 primers

X3 white paint

X3 yellow paint

X2 silver paint

X3 lacquer

X1 black paint

It has been such a headache of a job as it took soooo long to strip and prep them. All the masking, painting and waiting for the paint to dry to use the other paints to finally have yellow callipers

I got told after using primer, I had to paint the callipers white and then yellow otherwise the yellow paint would look greenish.

Striping the paint off all the brake callipers, calliper carriers, sanding down and stripping the paint off the covers seemed like it took ages to do.

I spent 3 full days on each car just for the brakes alone. Either I’m slow or it really was a long job.

Here are some pics

Wrapped the car up so I wouldn’t get any over spray on the body panels.
The silver car was moved after this pic's

I painted the discs first.

After that I started with the callipers and all the other parts of the brakes

You can see how much paint was on the bench as I was trying to clean them up as good as I could.

It might look the same in this photo but the difference was more noticeable between the colour of the primer and the white paint

Once all painted and the paint had dried, I had more fun……… paint the AMG logos black. Masking the calliper covers up and making sure I had a steady hand was fun ( NOT! )

You might notice that one of the covers in this pic is not painted and I only realised that today. With my luck, I had run out of all the products that I had bought so I had to buy primer, white paint, yellow paint and lacquer ''just'' for one cover 😟

Once the AMG loges were painted, I then lacquered all the covers again.

While the covers were drying I fitted the alloys so I could go for a short drive to brake a few times to get the paint off the discs.

The discs look really nice and fresh now.

Last edited:
Looking fabulous 🙂 The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. Well done friend, absolutely love it 👍

Thank you very much!
I will try and remember what you just said :), especially when I feel like giving up sometimes halfway through a job on a car :D

I know exactly what you mean, in the end its well worth the effort and the result speaks for itself 🙂

I did the same thing a while back, went to town with the caliper, I took it out completely just to get behind the nooks and crannies. Still wasn't fully satisfied though, I over paint the bolts which wasn't the want I wanted, so stripped back the bolts to bare metal with acid, that wasn't fun 😄20190504_205726.jpg20190504_205756.jpg

Very nice....I went yellow on my ALFA....the only real option on a red Italian car!!....new discs in your not too distance future I feel. Quite a lip and fairly deep grooving.

I know exactly what you mean, in the end its well worth the effort and the result speaks for itself 🙂

I did the same thing a while back, went to town with the caliper, I took it out completely just to get behind the nooks and crannies. Still wasn't fully satisfied though, I over paint the bolts which wasn't the want I wanted, so stripped back the bolts to bare metal with acid, that wasn't fun 😄View attachment 141914View attachment 141915

Oh WOW, they look amazing! 😍
You done a fantastic job!

Love seeing what you do, brilliant as usual. Good use of the shopping trolley. Must pop round to the supermarket for something:thumb:o_O

Thank you!
Haha 😆, the trolley is not even mine. One of the suppliers dropped a few things off and left it here so I thought I'd make a good use of it :D

Very nice....I went yellow on my ALFA....the only real option on a red Italian car!!....new discs in your not too distance future I feel. Quite a lip and fairly deep grooving.

Thank you!
I measured them up and they are above min spec even though they have a lip [ looks worse than it is ] that's why I only changed the pads this time. On the S65, the discs and pads are brand so at least I don't have to think about that car :)

Wee tip for you Sam when it comes to time to change your brake pads. Get Powerstop Carbon Ceramic pads from RockAuto in the States. I fitted them to both my S63 AMG Coupe & my Range Rover. No dust at all. Great company to deal with, :banana: emails & queries answered immediately & delivery about 5 days. You can't get pads that quickly from a UK company.

Wee tip for you Sam when it comes to time to change your brake pads. Get Powerstop Carbon Ceramic pads from RockAuto in the States. I fitted them to both my S63 AMG Coupe & my Range Rover. No dust at all. Great company to deal with, :banana: emails & queries answered immediately & delivery about 5 days. You can't get pads that quickly from a UK company.

Thank you! That’s good to know. I will for sure get the pads from them because I’m fed up of cleaning the wheels every time I drive the car 🤣

Not much to report on the S classes but we went to Germany recently. I would have gone with one of the S classes but my wife had to be back in the UK by Monday so we went by plane. We were going to rent an Audi A6 but we got there a bit too early and the lady said the car wasn’t ready and she’d give me another car which was either a new Z4 M40i or an Audi A7 for extra money. I said in a joking way that I’d take an M4 or an M3 if they have one and she said they have an M4 CP!

What an opportunity to test what the new M4 is all about 😁

Unfortunately I didn't keep the M4 for all the days I was in Germany.

I had a bad experience with my car years ago when I done a Europe trip and when I was in Germany [ on my way back to the UK ] for some reason I thought I'd check the tyres on my car even though I fitted brand new tyres before I left the UK. The cords were exposed within 5k miles and if I hadn't checked, maybe I wouldn't be here today.

I thought I'd check the tyres on the M4 too and this is what I saw 😲

To say I was upset, it would be un understatement! How can they let a high performance car go out like this?

No one rents a high performance car in Germany to drive at 70mph. Especially the sections with no speed limit!
To think I was doing some very high speeds with this tyres and i had no idea!

I phoned them up and they said bring the car back and we'll give you something else.
It was inconvenient for me to be fair as I had meetings every day while I was there but I didn't want to risk my life so I took back the M4.

They gave me an 850i.
It was an impressive car. A lot of power and amazing traction but it didn't have the wow factor that the M4 had.
It sounded lovely too on sport / sport plus
There is no room whatsoever for an adult to sit at the back. Massive boot on the 8 series and good space for the driver and front passenger but that's about it. Even a Porsche 911 has more room at the back

Thats been tracked......

Thats been tracked......

You're probably right....... I'm sure this cars have a hard life! I made sure the engine was up to temp before I gave it some but I doubt everyone does the same.
The parts of the motorway with no speed limit, I made sure I had some fun with the car . It's a shame they are restricted to 155mph

Your lucky friend 😁. Im not a real fan of bmw but that M4 does look nice and if i was offered it, would definitely take it to abuse it 😁👌 How's the power delivery say compared to S63 and S65, can you feel any delay with the turbos? Design looks agile and accurate, would be nice to track it and compare it to c63. Bet you found the seats and suspension a bit on the firm side and the steering feeling light and accurate 🙂

Your lucky friend 😁. Im not a real fan of bmw but that M4 does look nice and if i was offered it, would definitely take it to abuse it 😁👌 How's the power delivery say compared to S63 and S65, can you feel any delay with the turbos? Design looks agile and accurate, would be nice to track it and compare it to c63. Bet you found the seats and suspension a bit on the firm side and the steering feeling light and accurate 🙂

It was definitely an impressive car and very fast. I've always preferred BMW's over Mercedes until this last couple of years I've now become an AMG fan 😆. I'm glad I drove the M4 because it was a car I was considering to get at some point but I don't think I will now. The ride was a bit too hard. I understand in M1 or M2 it would be hard but even in comfort I thought it was still too hard. The gear changes were a bit too harsh on M1/M2. If I do get an M car again, it will have to be the M3 as I would like the extra room. Surprisingly the M4 had more room at the back compare to the 850i.
The steering was a lot better but then again, I shouldn't even compare the S class with the M4 as they couldn't be further apart.
At this moment, I still prefer my S classes over the m4 but who knows, I'm always changing my mind. Yesterday thinking what should I replace the S classes with if I decide to sell them 😂

Time to update this thread also.

After I bought the car, I realised that the engine mounts needed changing. I wanted to get the engine mounts done on both cars at the same time and arranged one day with a friend to give me a hand.

We started off with the S63AMG as all we had to do on that car was the engine mounts and gear box mount.

To be honest, it wasn’t a bad job to do. It took us just over an hour to get all three mounts changed.

The engine mounts were bad on the S63, especially one as it was leaking fluid out when we removed it.

Here are some pic’s.

As mentioned in the other thread..... recently there was a car meet in Hayes. It was organised from Caraudiosecurity.

I decided to take both the S classes but obviously I couldn’t drive them both at the same time. I called my brother and said, “ My bro, I need a big favour to which he replied, anything for you!
I said I need you to drive one of my cars to a car meet as I’m taking both cars there. His reply was, “ I thought I was going to do you a favour but I feel like you’re the one doing me a favour by letting me drive one of your cars” 😂 in less than an hour he was outside my house all excited 😆. I gave him the S65 to drive.

find nearest diesel station

We took the cars there and it seemed like a few people liked them. There was some guy that liked the s63 so much that he’s didn’t want to get out of the car 😂.

I completely forgot to take any pics. This was the only one I could find online.
The guy I was chatting with at the meet said he is a Mercedes collector and my Designo S63AMG is a….. his word not mine….. ( a unicorn )
I would love to be able to find out this info if I could but according to him, this is probably the only facelift S63AMG Designo in this colour combo and spec. He asked if he could buy it but I wouldn’t sell the S63 or even the S65.
I knew it was a rare car but it was nice to hear that it’s a unique car which made me appreciate it even more.

After the meet, I took the cars back and parked them in the garage.
As I pulled into the garage, I left the S63 parked in a corner at first. When I went to move the S63 and park it properly. Once I moved the car, I noticed a big puddle of oil! My heart sank as at first I thought it was engine oil. But I soon realised it was a different type of fluid…… It was ABC fluid that had come out from the reservoir.

I parked the car and started doing some reading online. A few people said that when one of the ABC accumulators fails, the fluid comes out from the reservoir.

Monday morning I went to Mercedes and ordered both accumulators. If one had failed I thoughts it's best to change both of them.

I had to wait a while for them to arrive and yes, you guessed it, it took over a month for them to arrive from Germany!
I had also bought ABC fluid to flush the whole system and the ABC filters.

It seemed easy to flush the system but the accumulators were a bit hard to come off. I have the special tool that sucks the fluid out from the ABC tank. Just activate the rodeo test and the fluid comes out while you top up with the new fluid.

Here are some pic’s of the accumulators. The front one was the faulty one.

It had failed inside.... you can see the cable ties goes all the way in

I also took this pic's but didn't post them in this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom