New car. I couldn't resist the offer. SL350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's r230 sorry. It's all town driving. I did get 33mpg last year on my drive down to goodwood FOS roof down, what beautiful weather that was

Seeing as this thread is back up at the top, I guess I should really update it :)

I've now covered nearly 6,000 miles, the average is now 27mpg. I've been using it a lot more around MK so this is hurting the overall figures.

I've noticed that the exhaust is sounding a lot fruitier these days, it has a harder edged purposeful tone which I really like. I've been making more use of the paddle shift to give it a bit of abuse now and then too :)

Bodywork still unmarked, seems to resist stonechips really well. This car, in white, draws a lot of attention, probably not all of it favourable, but I care not.

Has anyone got the ambient lighting on their SL? Is it a worthwhile option and can you actually see it at night?

I've had it on another car in the past and it was so dim you wouldn't even know it was there.

Yes, ambient lighting is obvious, at least on the door handles and seat adjuster buttons. I doubt I'd pay much for it though.

I think the ambient lighting is different to what you have as the centre console and the entire length of the door panels is illuminated. You can also choose the colour.

I have seen it now and it looks good.

Popped into Leicester MB today to pick up some spares and they have got about 5 SL350 reduced on a VIP offer from 74k to just over 60k

Great thread thanks.

Silver doesn't work on this car IMHO, or Black......unbelievably.

Frustrating thing at the moment with MB in general is the colour range. They have a zillion model types, but if you don't want black, silver or white you are basically scr*wed.

I get my SL next week and it's also in white, and I agree that black and silver just don't work. This means it's white basically. Cavansite blue may be better but I've never seen one. They are not helping the appeal of the current SL shape with the limited colour options available

I suppose you could always spend £1500 on a wrap or £10k (!!!) on a designo paint job... :eek:

K

I have had my SL500 for a week now. It really is a fantastic car.

I have to disagree about the colour. Mine is silver and I think it looks great. White looks good too. I don't think black or any dark colour suits it as darker colours hide the lines.

Are you getting a 350, a 500 or an SL63?

Mine is a white 350, same as the OP (in white). After 2 years nutting off the rev limiter with a V8 C class I wanted something a bit more relaxed...

Glad to hear you are enjoying yours, congrats. 500 is a wondrous thing, and for me is probably more desirable than the AMG SLs to be honest, but the V6 is plenty for me right now.

K

Mine is a white 350, same as the OP (in white). After 2 years nutting off the rev limiter with a V8 C class I wanted something a bit more relaxed...

Glad to hear you are enjoying yours, congrats. 500 is a wondrous thing, and for me is probably more desirable than the AMG SLs to be honest, but the V6 is plenty for me right now.

K

Thanks.

I hope you enjoy yours when you take delivery.

The 500 is an incredible engine. The power and torque are both immense and it does it in near silence. I had an E350 before which has the same engine as the SL350. The V6 is also a very good engine and can give very good economy.

Did you go for Diamond or Polar white?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom