New CLA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay1983

Car
mercedes ml270 cdi
My brother got this on a 24 hour test drive. New CLA 220.

First impressions.... Nice car but I don't really like the screen on the dash board. Looks really good with AMG kit.
What was more worrying was the fact it's brand new and the passenger side electric seat had stopped working!!

Attachments

• image-621695358.jpg
    image-621695358.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 216
  • image-1738608956.jpg
    image-1738608956.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 199
  • image-3205977435.jpg
    image-3205977435.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 214
I was taking a look at one of these when I was having my service done.

What I don't like about the CLA is the lack of visibility out of the rear window.
The roof drops really low over the back of the car, making the rear window overly small. Couple that with the obstruction of the rear headrests and there really is bugger all visibility out of the rear window.

Rear view is very restricted.
. I think the top of the range will be the CLA42 AMG.

Sorry 45 AMG.

Where does this fit in the range?

Is it below a C class? looks the same size?

looks a bit iffy from the rear shot... not sure yet until I see one but I'm not a fan of saloons prefer estates :)

I sat in one and found a bit odd as it isn't very roomy and like he new A Class there are some ergonomic issues if you are over 6 foot. The oddest bit I found was that the door handle inside wasn't quite where I expect it to be and I felt the door was too small; probably because I had the seat to far back!

Where does this fit in the range?

Is it below a C class? looks the same size?

looks a bit iffy from the rear shot... not sure yet until I see one but I'm not a fan of saloons prefer estates :)

It is the 4 door coupe of the A Class range.

amokwa said:

The side windows in the doors are pilar less so MB liken it as a baby CLS

Its imperative that Mercedes expands its customer base and appeal tho younger buyers in a global market. It is different to their usual cars so moves them into a new segment. What is crucial is for MB to have a SUV in this segment. M and GL are big cars. The A range of SUV is a fast growing segment and MB is conspicuous by its absence. Although I do believe just the next model to be launched.

Saw a silver one with black wheels yesterday, the light colour hid the bulk of the bodywork and the black wheels blended into the arch space which effectively disguided that awful shopping trolley effect.

Perhaps this is the perfect car to try and make two tone paint fashionable again and it could start to look quite sleek and sporty.

I thought the silver looked awful. On the other hand I saw a white CLA with black wheels a few weeks back and that looked completely different...it looked so much better than the silver and black ones previously seen.

Do like the shape of these and the AMG version should be fun

Hard to say its a coupe when its a 5 seater.

The CLA is built on the new A-class chassis, and looks to fill a gap which well....there was no gap. Either way, in terms of dimensions the CLA is actually longer than the conventional C-class saloon!

My cla sport

Hi guys interesting to hear your comments on the cla I have just purchased a 180 sport after a 3 series bmw and so far it feels great having plenty of attention and compliments loving its a mercedes loving the sporty looks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 108
Looks nice congratulations. I was at the MB dealer today and saw one in the flesh for the 1st time and I must say I thought it looked really good. I like the styling, let us know how it drives.

I'm looking for a replacement for my CLK270. Ideal in many ways but my friends are getting older and access to the back is increasingly difficult. The CLA looks to cure this and we got to see one at MB world. Problems are the suspension and wheels - useless for the pothole strewn roads I encounter and cornering like Jeremy is not my objective. Also the Command satnav screen looks like a stuck on iPad which light fingered people would only discover after breaking the window. Ideally I'd like a hybrid, but "dream on" is probably a good answer to that. I did look at an XF, but too big and a C class is a bit mundane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom