New CLK to be called CE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think they must have designed that on a Friday afternoon on the return from the pub after a heavy session on schnapps or Pils, it's hideous whats with all the glass it,s forced to make it heavier and affect fuel consumption, still think the W208 is the best looker and best build :)

CE would be inconsistent. The C coupe is CLC, the big coupe is CL, the 4 door coupe is CLS, the E coupe should be CLE..

CE would be inconsistent. The C coupe is CLC, the big coupe is CL, the 4 door coupe is CLS, the E coupe should be CLE..

True but its going back to the good old days were the CE is a E Class coupe.

I think I remember that CLK stands for Coupe Leicht Kurtz (Coupe Light Short), in which case this would still be applicable to the new model.
There was some discussion that the C was from its C-class roots ,but I dont think that this is the case.

But it is not an E coupe is it. It is going to be on the C class platform just like the present CLK. Bit of a con really.

And sad not to have a larger E class coupe as it sold well when they had one.

The correct letters should be CAC. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom