New Jaguar XF Sportbrake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRIVER200

Car
C43 AMG Estate
Notice Jaguar are back on the estate scene with their new XF Sportbrake so being the curious type I configured up a similar car (R-Sport) to mine and it comes out at over £52,000!! Which you might think isn't too bad until you realise that's for a 2.0 litre 4 cylinder Turbocharged Petrol 250PS (Automatic) Rear Wheel Drive car!! Hope they are giving BIG discounts as this doesn't appear to be particularly good value to me... as this is around the same list price of my spec'd car below...

Last edited:
Yeah but in true JLR style the XF will most likely break every other week!!! I think I’d stick with the Mercedes! I love Jags and Land Rovers but I’d never want to own one. So many friends have them and they are riddled with faults.

Yeah but in true JLR style the XF will most likely break every other week!!! I think I’d stick with the Mercedes! I love Jags and Land Rovers but I’d never want to own one. So many friends have them and they are riddled with faults.
I had a 3.0D XF from new - terrible experience. Suffice to say I sold it at great cost after only 14 months.

I’ve owned two XF’s; the twin turbo diesel “S” and the 5.0 supercharged XFR, both we’re genuinely brilliant cars that exceeded all my expectations; they were both thoroughly reliable and neither gave me a moments issue.

Not sure how the OP gets up to £52k when the list price for the R-Sport is £42k and it is very heavy with “extras” already included in that price, must have ticked every possible extra available.

I’ve owned two XF’s; the twin turbo diesel “S” and the 5.0 supercharged XFR, both we’re genuinely brilliant cars that exceeded all my expectations; they were both thoroughly reliable and neither gave me a moments issue.

Not sure how the OP gets up to £52k when the list price for the R-Sport is £42k and it is very heavy with “extras” already included in that price, must have ticked every possible extra available.

I think the OP spec’d It up to include all the goodies that he has on his C43?

Yep tried to compare as best I could with my C43 and it came in at over £52,000.
What “paid for” extras did you specify? My understanding was the R-Sport has a very high standard spec as opposed to Mercedes who’d charge you for a tailgate wiper if they think they could.

What “paid for” extras did you specify? My understanding was the R-Sport has a very high standard spec as opposed to Mercedes who’d charge you for a tailgate wiper if they think they could.
I built the Jag to match my C43 as best I could, eg. Black wheels, Black Pack, Pano roof etc.. and it came to over £52,000. Try it for yourself see what you get.

I built the Jag to match my C43 as best I could, eg. Black wheels, Black Pack, Pano roof etc.. and it came to over £52,000. Try it for yourself see what you get.
I just did, out of interest, and to get to £52k I had to choose every single optional extra.

Also out of interest, I did the same with a C43 and ended up at £58k.

Either way, there must be some healthy discounts out there because I don’t know anyone that would even contemplate paying anywhere near those figures for either car...

I had an XFR-S Sportbrake for just over a year a few years back. It was such a good looking and practical car. The only downsides were the fact that the cabin felt incredibly dated, it didn’t sound particularly exciting, it went through rear tires like Katie Price goes through men, and the trips to the petrol station made me cry.

If they ever stuck the 5.0 V8 in the new version I’d seriously consider it. Alas, I fear the fat lady might be singing about this mighty engine in the not too distant future.

I owned the XF 3.0s perfectly reliable, 42mpg and never skipped a beat, same reliability with my E220 W124 and my CLK320, just praying that the R231 SL500 proves as reliable!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I just did, out of interest, and to get to £52k I had to choose every single optional extra.

Also out of interest, I did the same with a C43 and ended up at £58k.

Either way, there must be some healthy discounts out there because I don’t know anyone that would even contemplate paying anywhere near those figures for either car...
Not sure how you managed to get to £58k for the C43 as mine listed for around £52k when I ordered in November 2016 with the extras in my sig before discount. But I think you would agree the Jag seems overpriced and the main point of my Post was that this is for a 2.0 petrol engine car. And by the way I didn't need to choose every single optional extra to get to £52k I just chose the extras that were on my C43.

Last edited:
Not sure how you managed to get to £58k for the C43 as mine listed for around £52k when I ordered in November 2016 with the extras in my sig before discount. But I think you would agree the Jag seems overpriced and the main point of my Post was that this is for a 2.0 petrol engine car. And by the way I didn't need to choose every single optional extra to get to £52k I just chose the extras that were on my C43.
I fully specced the C43 with every extra and ended up at £58k, did the same with the XF and hit £52k.

In my honest opinion, I think both cars are overpriced (at the list price anyway) actually, I’d want to be in something a bit tastier at those prices.

The XE is the direct competition for the C-Class anyway, I dare say that’d come in a fair bit cheaper than the XF but this is all semantics; no-one ever pays list price...

I fully specced the C43 with every extra and ended up at £58k, did the same with the XF and hit £52k.

In my honest opinion, I think both cars are overpriced (at the list price anyway) actually, I’d want to be in something a bit tastier at those prices.

The XE is the direct competition for the C-Class anyway, I dare say that’d come in a fair bit cheaper than the XF but this is all semantics; no-one ever pays list price...

Yep you said it all. But don't overlook the reason for my Post and that is the Jag is a 2.0 engine vs the MB's 3.0 so can't imagine what price the Jag would be if it was the same engine plant....

Yep you said it all. But don't overlook the reason for my Post and that is the Jag is a 2.0 engine vs the MB's 3.0 so can't imagine what price the Jag would be if it was the same engine plant....

I thought that Jaguar did have a 3 litre?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom