• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New MB - just one price

I’d pay good money to see you prove that at our local (working man’s) pub. 😁
Lol.....ok ....I guess I should qualify that!...anything of significant value. There is nearly always a deal to be had...especially in the current climate.....if not, go elsewhere.

the biggest shake up to the brand in a while..

the new cars are built like crap, look too playful, gone is the time you will not see a merc broken down on the side of the road, cause i see a shed load now than i did 10 years ago.

the brand for me is not what i would look for when buying my next car.

the older stuff., brilliant.. with the "heritage grille" ofcourse.. the rest is just toosh..

really sad, as my memories of this brand growing up and the values of getting from a-b reliably and never worrying about being broken down are long gone..

anyway business is business... good luck to them.

i went to the main stealler for a service on one of my cars, and i kid you not, the first question from the her mouth was not about content of service or maintenance or any other worries or concerns, but do i want to pay x amount to reduce the premium on my courtesy car..

i would dread to take a young timer to a dealer when i guess many of technicians are semi clueless compared to, 5 or 10 years ago .. dunno//

Have your sidevents fallen off yet slim?

the new cars are built like crap, look too playful, gone is the time you will not see a merc broken down on the side of the road, cause i see a shed load now than i did 10 years ago.

the older stuff., brilliant.. with the "heritage grille" ofcourse.. the rest is just toosh..

really sad, as my memories of this brand growing up and the values of getting from a-b reliably and never worrying about being broken down are long gone..

Don’t sit on the fence, say what you mean 😁

When I was discussing the future sales model with my local dealer he said that MB will be setting the sale price AND the px value too 😒

Not sure how they could do that....every car is different and each one valued slightly differently.

When I was discussing the future sales model with my local dealer he said that MB will be setting the sale price AND the px value too 😒
I've been keeping an eye on MB used prices for cars similar to mine ( C250 2017/18 ) over the last few years.Since the pandemic they've been around £22- £23k , I had a look this morning and they're up nearer the £24-£25k mark. Is this MB now setting the prices for used cars ???
I also noticed that the year and mileage of used cars is no longer quoted on the list of cars available so you now have to click on the car to get the details.

Might be one price for retail, and another price for fleet sales? The fleet divisions of the dealers selling to the public on CarWow may still undercut.

Which brand would you buy now then, out of interest?

I've gone BMW M340i. Very similar spec, lower starting price and I negotiated a £7.2k discount, making a new C43 £13k more expensive. I'm afraid the nicer interior, rear wheel steering and fancy turbo just doesn't justify that.

Apart from general intransigence there is a general air of uncaring arrogance about the sales staff both new and used.

A colleague had a 68 plate S213 E350d. He was looking to change to an E400 coupe and found one at Birmingham Mercedes. A deal was agreed (nothing off with very little movement on the value of his) over email & phone with the S213 as px and contingent on both cars being as described.

He was due to take delivery last week when the day before he was called to delay the delivery, as the E400 needed its first MOT which hadn't been done. A new date of today was agreed. Yesterday they called him to say his S213 needed an MOT (valid until 23 Mar 23) as it was Mercedes policy that cars taken in need to have at least 60 days MOT. He was to renew the MOT otherwise they wouldn't take his car and they wouldn't budge. He managed to get it done luckily (no advisories) and drove down to Birmingham today to swap cars. The process took over 4 hours with car not being ready, paperwork incomplete and not prepared, salesman requiring to deal with other issues while he was just left. Just an absolute shambles with the kicker being as he was about to leave they at least apologised but asked him to give them 5stars on the inevitable feedback form!!

I remember when Mercedes was an upmarket brand with upmarket support and customer service - no longer!

Don't tar is all with the same brush....I was never like that as a car salesman!

Same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom