New member but possibly won’t be back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All Euro 6, that could be a bold statement, or could/should that be some?

Can only talk about myself, bought my 2017 E350d August 2019, had 9k miles, now has done 22301 miles, so far have had no issues, touchwood that remains the case, that's not to say it won't in the future.

Mine does get a run on the motorway once a month, and doesn't sit un driven for long periods, have read that if they are sitting for long period not driven, then one could get adblue issues, due to crystallising don't know if that is true or has been proven.
Hi ,
All Euro 6, that could be a bold statement, or could/should that be some?

Can only talk about myself, bought my 2017 E350d August 2019, had 9k miles, now has done 22301 miles, so far have had no issues, touchwood that remains the case, that's not to say it won't in the future.

Mine does get a run on the motorway once a month, and doesn't sit un driven for long periods, have read that if they are sitting for long period not driven, then one could get adblue issues, due to crystallising don't know if that is true or has been proven.
Hi , please read the complete sentence

I've had enough sensor etc. problems with the 'old tech' Euro IV OM642 diesel in our Vito to avoid complex diesel engines wherever possible. Hence buying a petrol C300 recently.

If you believe everything you read on a forum you would have a pushbike, imo if you like it buy it and enjoy it,only bad points get mentioned on forums not the thousands of good points 😉

Don’t forget LED headlights at £1200 a pop as well :eek:

Mmm, 5 year old car, 18k miles only? Diesel? I bought a 6 yr old diesel (not a Mercedes, but a ‘reliable’ Volvo) with 28k, and it turned out to be a bit (ie lot) of a money pit. Dpf, EGR, turbo, injectors.....

Presumably too many short journeys.

But then it could have been used exclusively as a ‘holiday’ car and only done long runs. Maybe.

TBH, with this experience, I wouldn’t consider this mileage/age combination for a diesel to be much of a plus, but see my signature below.
I must admit I’d never thought of low mileage being an issue before, and more of a plus, but I can see your point if it’s just been driven round town.

I’ve read everyones comments, and I appreciate all the input. I have decided that if the test drive goes well tomorrow I will buy it, and I will just make sure I’m covered with a warranty. I think I’ve come to the conclusion life’s too short worrying about what might happen. Cheers Mark

I’ve read everyones comments, and I appreciate all the input. I have decided that if the test drive goes well tomorrow I will buy it, and I will just make sure I’m covered with a warranty. I think I’ve come to the conclusion life’s too short worrying about what might happen. Cheers Mark
Hope the test drive goes well. What’s the mileage, and colour.

Hi all, new member here but as the title says unfortunately I may not be back. Yesterday I put a deposit on a lovely 2016 E class Amg line 220 diesel with low mileage and sorted out all the finance.Then the problems began. I started looking on the forum, and after reading the pages & pages of issues people seem to be having with NOX sensors and adblue issues. I’m worried about proceeding and may cancel the whole thing and get my deposit back, which is a real shame, but I also appreciate its my own fault for not researching all the pros & cons beforehand. So I think my question is this obviously forums are a focal point for the issues people are having so it can sound like everyone’s having these problems, and I know that no car is without fault, or is going to be 100% reliable all the time, so am I worrying needlessly? Obviously it’s ultimately only something I can decide, but please help point me in the right direction, because it will be a shame to walk away from such a lovely car, before I even have the keys in my hand. Thanks Mark.
Hi and welcome. I bought my first MB (2010 Eclass 200 cdi ) back in 2018, a complete jump into the unknown. After 2 and half years of very pleasant motoring I upgraded to a 2014 220 E class. I will have it one year next Mth. and I'm hooked on the brand now. BTW I've driven many makes over the years, but now I can see what the attraction is for MB. I'm happy that I made the jump anyway, and as for the issues you have raised,,,,given the emission regulations presently in force, ALL modern cars will have the same technology, and therefore the same or similar problems. My advice ??? Go for it.

It’s brilliant blue, at least I think that’s what it’s called, and it’s mileage is between 18/19k.

Nice colour is Brilliant Blue, but then I am a bit biased :D

Millions of taxi drivers can't be wrong!
I never thought of that, good point, but could it be because they are constantly driven.

Nice colour is Brilliant Blue, but then I am a bit biased :D
Brilliant a blue is an excellent colour and I’m not biased, well not towards blue anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom