New member but possibly won’t be back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just back from looking at and test driving the car. What can I say other than it’s lovely and a totally different class of car to anything I’ve owned before. I came away from the dealership to have a think and I’m definitely going for it. Hopefully I should collect on Tuesday, because they need to get it MOT’d and tidy up the alloys.The alloys and tyres are the only bad point, every alloy has been kerbed . The alloys are 19” and the tyres that are fitted give no rim protection whatsoever, in fact the rims of the front alloys stick out past the rubber by a good 5mm or so plus there are 3 different cheap brands fitted, but because the tyres are ok tread wise and 1 looks brand new they won’t change any, but I insisted they sort the alloys. At the earliest opportunity I will replace all 4 tyres for something better and hopefully something with better rim protection. Mark

Just back from looking at and test driving the car. What can I say other than it’s lovely and a totally different class of car to anything I’ve owned before. I came away from the dealership to have a think and I’m definitely going for it. Hopefully I should collect on Tuesday, because they need to get it MOT’d and tidy up the alloys.The alloys and tyres are the only bad point, every alloy has been kerbed . The alloys are 19” and the tyres that are fitted give no rim protection whatsoever, in fact the rims of the front alloys stick out past the rubber by a good 5mm or so plus there are 3 different cheap brands fitted, but because the tyres are ok tread wise and 1 looks brand new they won’t change any, but I insisted they sort the alloys. At the earliest opportunity I will replace all 4 tyres for something better and hopefully something with better rim protection. Mark
Dare i say, told ya, knew you'd have it once seen and driven. :) 👍

:thumb:

Mods,

Please change the title from:
New member but possibly won’t be back!
To:
New member!

Glad you like it now sit back and enjoy 😉

I am sure you have made the right decision, just enjoy the ride :)

Don’t forget to report back here when you get the adblue and nox issues 😳, just kidding, touchwood will be fine. Think it’s human to have concerns once you read up on these problems, but as said by others, some do have issues, but most won’t, just like new cars, some have issues from the off, but most don’t, just enjoy the car.

I know exactly how you feel/felt about wondering if it’s a risk. I bought a 17 plate amg premium plus e220d in May and the dealership aside I have been delighted with the car. Like you I am new to Mercedes and I love the improvements to my previous car, Audi A6 57 plate, but the more you read on forums the more you cross your fingers but I do agree that it’s rare to read complimentary comments but not impossible. My car puts a smile on my face every day I drive it and I have nothing negative to say about it. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I’m enjoying mine.

Glad the test drive went well chap :) looking forward to some pics ;)

The alloys are 19” and the tyres that are fitted give no rim protection whatsoever, in fact the rims of the front alloys stick out past the rubber by a good 5mm or so

That almost sounds like the owner was going for the 'stretched' look. Check that the tyres (and alloys) are the correct sizes:

That almost sounds like the owner was going for the 'stretched' look. Check that the tyres (and alloys) are the correct sizes:

Thanks I will do that, because I looked at what they should be on paper but not whats actually fitted.

I found another E-class of the same spec but one I was much happier with, this one was from a MB dealership and came with a full service history and MB warranty and it’s immaculate with just under 27000 mile. I collected it on Thursday and I definitely feel I made the right choice!C575A88C-D0FA-4495-B3F8-09E4E5274553.jpeg

I found another E-class of the same spec but one I was much happier with, this one was from a MB dealership and came with a full service history and MB warranty and it’s immaculate with just under 27000 mile. I collected it on Thursday and I definitely feel I made the right choice!View attachment 115809

Looks lovely and a so much nicer colour. You did the right thing Mark :)

I found another E-class of the same spec but one I was much happier with, this one was from a MB dealership and came with a full service history and MB warranty and it’s immaculate with just under 27000 mile. I collected it on Thursday and I definitely feel I made the right choice!View attachment 115809
Very nice, love the colour

OP, you will have to change the thread title now🤣

Nice motor.

Didn't realise you were looking for the coupe... the W238 is a fine car indeed.

Nice motor.

Didn't realise you were looking for the coupe... the W238 is a fine car indeed.
Yes, the other was a coupe also, I missed that fact from my first post. although this one is a much nicer example than the first one I test drove last weekend.

lovely car mate - great choice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom