new pc time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by Fudger
Shude, I must admit I did look around and CCL were £255 agaist £239 at Kustom. If anyone finds it a lot cheaper than Kustom, please let me know as my m8 wants one too.

This is for a shuttle SB51G with AGP.

£225.60 before shipping from http://www.overclockers.co.uk

here is the shuttle page on their site: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Shuttle_102.html

I bought half of my stuff from these guys last night, their prices aren't bad for a lot of things.

Fuzzer I am looking at the 7500 its cheap and suppose to be very good all for about £40.
Shude
I think Creative use nVidia chips.
Please does anyone use anything a little newer Radeon lines than 7500. I am fed up of spending £200 on a graphics card to see if 1/3 of the prices in 6 months.

Regards
Ian

Update!
Shude said:
The processor is basically just the barest minimum one I could find to work on that board etc until the 3ghz hyperthreaded one comes down to a less hilarious price, and the other hardware should more than make up for it's shortcomings for the time being.
The PC has been excellent, even with the rubbish processor. Finally bought the 3.066 Ghz hyperthreaded CPU as promised, got it for £90 +VAT from a friend of mine that works at scan :)

All it needs now is double the ram and another HD to free up some space, it'll be like a new PC again ;)

After 18 months, this is what the Zalman cooler looked like!

coolerdust.jpg

That is with NO FAN on the heatsink!

Vacuumed the whole thing out, new CPU going in soon :D

Shude said:
EDIT:

OMG rounded cables are expensive!

[

I have a set of rounded cables sitting in my desk drawer doing sod all, you are welcome to them any time (no cost, call it returning a favour ie pedal fitting)

Shude said:
After 18 months, this is what the Zalman cooler looked like!

That is with NO FAN on the heatsink!

Vacuumed the whole thing out, new CPU going in soon :D
Your Zalman cooler bears an uncanny resembelance to Bruce Forsyth :p perhaps that's how his wigs are made :p :D

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom