Building new PC - help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A short update.
Still struggling with the TV card they said would be compatible. Pinnacle only seem to have 64bit beta drivers and I can't determine which is the correct one. Have spoken to Aria today and it seems right to send the card back for a replacement which does have 64bit support.

Still got the motherboard problem.
Shutting down Windows leaves power on to:
Optical mouse is still lit up (connected to mouse port not USB)
Keyboard still has a light on (connected to keyboard port not usb)
Card reader still lit up - connected to USB terminal on motherboard.

Does anyone have any ideas where to start looking for a cure for this?

have you tried a diff psu, seen this a few times, in most cases it was psu related.

I would first off disconnect the power from the hdd's & optical drives inc the sata/ide cables: then power up/power off by button.

if same then remove any pci cards and try again.

trial and error test. also only have k/b/Mouse & monitor connected no other external devices.

Havn't tried either of the last two posts yet. I'll report back when I have next have the side off the pc.

Finnally got Aria to accept that they gave the wrong advice on the choice of TV card. Pinnacle one is now to be returned & when accepted for credit I can order the replacement.
So I took the side of the case off today and while I had it off I thought I would look for the +5v jumper. Can't see anything so as a last resort(!!!) I got the motherboard manual out.
Started on page 1, found one or two usefull features on the way through, but nothing about this +5v jumper. Finally on page 81 (yawn) section 4-2 Troubleshooting
Question 2 "Why is the light of my keyboard/optical mouse still on after the computer shuts down?"
Answer "In some boards, a small amount of electricityis kept on standby after the computer shuts down and that's why the light is still on"

Note to self - I must remember to read manuals in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom