• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New pedals

Iyse

Car
Porsche Boxster
Just installed the Official MBClub mod, the SLK Evloution Pedals. Got them in the post this morning (thanks, Shude) and went straight out to my car. Was a bit of a nightmare trying to get the pedals on, I didn't realise they would be so stiff. But now they're done, and no one will notice except for me. :D I found that kinda funny actually. £25 for a mod that no one sees, and only you know about... Anyway, I will provide pics when the whole car is done, which I dunno when will be. :P

Iyse said:
Just installed the Official MBClub mod, the SLK Evloution Pedals. Got them in the post this morning (thanks, Shude) and went straight out to my car. Was a bit of a nightmare trying to get the pedals on, I didn't realise they would be so stiff. But now they're done, and no one will notice except for me. :D I found that kinda funny actually. £25 for a mod that no one sees, and only you know about... Anyway, I will provide pics when the whole car is done, which I dunno when will be. :P

It makes it easier if you warm the pedals in hot water before you fit them

I found it easier to leave them in the ziplock back they come in to save trying to dry the rubbers afterwards

Iyse said:
I found that kinda funny actually. £25 for a mod that no one sees, and only you know about...

Its the "feel good factor" you get when viewed from the drivers seat :). Also I feel that its more non-slip when I'm driving with wet soled trainers on. They look damn good too :rock:

That's very true. I just drove to Tesco and back, and for some reason, the ride felt a lot more focused. I felt like I had more control of the car because my feet were stuck to those pedals, but it didn't keep them stuck when my feet needed to switch pedal. Maybe it's just my imagination, but they feel more 'sporty'. :D

Iyse said:
That's very true. I just drove to Tesco and back, and for some reason, the ride felt a lot more focused. I felt like I had more control of the car because my feet were stuck to those pedals, but it didn't keep them stuck when my feet needed to switch pedal. Maybe it's just my imagination, but they feel more 'sporty'. :D
Some dunce told me that they weren't as safe as full-rubber ones, maybe the rubbish aftermarket screw-on ones are less safe but the oem SLK/SL pedals will be as high quality and as safe as every other part of your mercedes.

All this talk about you fitting the pedals and not a pic anywhere! Pics! :)

£25 for a mod that no one sees, and only you know about...

My wife noticed immediatly :eek:

I tried to suggest they'd been on ages but she wasn't convinced :rolleyes:

Shude said:

I'll do pics when I'm happy with how the car looks. :) I don't want a half assed Merc on this site with my name by it now, do I?

Iyse said:
I'll do pics when I'm happy with how the car looks. :) I don't want a half assed Merc on this site with my name by it now, do I?

Arh, don't worry about it, be interesting to see the progress you make via photos. No one on here is gonna seriously criticise your motor :p , so get snappin'. We like photos, loike!

I must do as I say and get some done now I have replaced the alloys.... :D

pic

Shude said:

ill post a pic away this weekend so dont know if they have arrived . least i have some tips on fitting now.

:D :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom