New SL500 owner - Engine Indentification

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drivebyabuser

Car
MY2013 C207 250 CGI
Hi all - Previously lurked here when i had a W203 for a couple of years.
I have just taken the plunge with a 2000 SL500. Good history and new hood. Lovely looking car

I have done the VIN number identification and very useful.

I collect the car next week and out of curiosity i was wondering if there was a way of telling if i had the 32valve or the 24valve unit installed. I think it changed around that date?

I have an engine number that starts 113.961

Also its also on the cusp of having a OBD port, i didn't find one on the test drive but I may have been looking in the wrong place.

Looking forward to being involved again in the mbclub

Attachments

• media.jpg
    media.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 13
I'm sure someone else will be along who knows 100%, but if it's like the W210 of the same age that my dad had, the diagnostic port is located in the engine bay (possibly next to the engine control module) and will most likely be the older 38pin type.

Actually, I might still have the adapter to run it with the standard 16 pin plug - pm me if you'd like it.

I'm sure someone else will be along who knows 100%, but if it's like the W210 of the same age that my dad had, the diagnostic port is located in the engine bay (possibly next to the engine control module) and will most likely be the older 38pin type.

Actually, I might still have the adapter to run it with the standard 16 pin plug - pm me if you'd like it.

Thanks for that. I collect the car next weekend and will drop you a message. B

Is the 24valve that much worse than the 32v unit or is that just forum talk.

It's a cracking engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom