New Tom Tom 510/710/910 software (6.510) available now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Version 6.510 software is now available for download. This supports the "soon to be available " TMC receiver, and has various other changes mentioned here:

http://www.yournav.com/content/n/207/Firmware_651_for_TomTom_GO_x10.html

Note the speed camera stuff. Tom Tom's speed cameras are no longer shown as POIs, so you can't switch individual types on or off, change the warning tone, change the warning distance, etc. All cameras are either on or off (via the 'speed cameras' menu item), same tone, same distance (500 metres mentioned).

This is a bit of a pain, but at least the POI list is a lot less cluttered.

It supports a new accessory called "CarConnect" ... which allows the Tom Tom to use the car's speaker system for directions, music, etc. This works via BlueTooth and has to be "professionally installed" in the dash. Also supports auto switching of day/night modes by detectingthe car headlights. Interesting.

There's also a 'power off' splash screen which by default reminds you to take the unit out of the car (but can be replaced with any other .bmp image - as with the 'power on' one).

Just saw this on the Tom Tom website too
7 September, 2006, London: Which?, the consumer association magazine has selected the TomTom GO 910 as a ‘best buy’ product in its September report on satellite navigation.

The TomTom GO 910 is awarded 86% in its review and given a rating of excellent for the following features:

• Versatility
  • Route accuracy
  • Accuracy of destinations
  • Overall ease of use
  • Everyday usability
  • Ease of programming
  • Ease of changing routes
  • Clarity of audio directions
  • Clarity of on-screen directions

Great news, but reminds me of a huge gripe with the 910. I am away from home for ages, and I don't bring the dock with me - cannot upgrade the firmware without the dock, and the HOME application.

Very true. I am totally dedicated to the TT range - they are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom