Newbie with an alternative way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

La Vito loca

Car
Mercedes-Benz Vito 114 BlueTec Long
Hello everyone my name is Iain & I'm proud new owner of a MB Vito which I intend to turn it into a campervan for me & my son. I have been driving for 5 years now in a different way than vehicles are usually drove. I paralysed both my arms & hands in a motorbike accident 12 years ago so I have to drive my vehicle with a special foot steer mechanism amongst a few more adaptions I use. I may or may not meet another driver on here that drives this way but I'm hopeful that the knowledgeable people using this site can share some of their experience & gain some much needed advice. Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Cheers Iain

Welcome to this forum Iain, from another Vito owner (albiet not as new & smart as yours, mine is basically my Motorcycle trackday transport ).
Unusual spelling of your name, I had a friend from Cottingham who had the same spelling many years ago.

Thanks mate I imagine the van's doing a nice job getting your bike to the track. You've got a pretty impressive bike there may I say. My name & spelling is Scottish Gaelic origin & meaning is{ gift of god, god's gift. If that is true then if you're listening God I would prefer to leave this body naturally please I would prefer not to end my life like the last messiah nailed on a cross lol

Apology's if my last post offends anyone it's said in jest & is not meant to offend anyone MODS remove if deem appropriate.
Thanks

Thanks mate I imagine the van's doing a nice job getting your bike to the track. You've got a pretty impressive bike there may I say......
Thank you very much Iain, she's my favourite toy.

Gratuitous image of Vito & Daytona in one shot here mate
icon_e_biggrin.gif
.:

One%20bike%20fitted.jpg

Very nice :thumb:
Given the circumstances I don't think I'll be riding a motorbike again but these day I enjoy riding my 8 foot long body steer tricycle instead. No doubt you wear full protection doing what you're doing but as I say to any biker wear a neck brace it'll save you from serious spinal injury like brachial plexus injuries I sustained.

Very nice :thumb:
Given the circumstances I don't think I'll be riding a motorbike again but these day I enjoy riding my 8 foot long body steer tricycle instead. No doubt you wear full protection doing what you're doing but as I say to any biker wear a neck brace it'll save you from serious spinal injury like brachial plexus injuries I sustained.
Pleased to hear that you enjoy the body steer tricycle Iain.
Your poignant words of concern are gratefully received. Fwiw I do wear protective body armour, back protectors etc.. but am never blasé to the inherent risks. Every crash I have I count my blessings, and try to appreciate the health I retain.
I have a number of friends who live with disabilities, and find that their attitudes & abilities are an inspiration compared to those of us who take our bodies for granted.
salute.gif

Last edited:
Thank you I went through a dark period in my life when I had my accident at 19 but I've come through the other side & living my life the best I can now. I know this is cliche but life really is what you make of it & you can achieve anything when you put your mind to it. I've dreamt of having a campervan for years & now I'm at the first stage of a new life for me & my son & I'm feeling great about it. Onwards & upwards :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom