Nice earrings....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great advert...

No wonder the alloys are curbed if that's the way they park in the 2nd picture...

I've never understood the term it looks the dogs b's, as I don't particulary want to look at them, or feel they are nice to look at. You wouldn't have a picture of them on your wall to look at and admire.. no?

Great advert...

No wonder the alloys are curbed if that's the way they park in the 2nd picture...

I've never understood the term it looks the dogs b's, as I don't particulary want to look at them, or feel they are nice to look at. You wouldn't have a picture of them on your wall to look at and admire.. no?

Very true!:cool:

And your avatar plays havoc with my eyes!:crazy:

"THE REASON I AM SELLING THE CAR IS BECAUSE I NEED A BIGGER CAR FOR THE KIDS."

She looks about 19.

So, 5 kids then?

I suspect she is one of the kids, that would mean the mother was in her early 30's?

Russ

I reckon they were filming ' Shameless ' nearby ;)

Love the photo outside the Spar .... MB could take a leaf out of their book when doing the next round of promotional shots ... ;)

Very good! :D :devil:

Poor car - needs to be rescued immediately and cared for properly! :(

I like the "need bigger car" - just HOW big!

Big enough to enable those earrings to swing around! :crazy:

I am glad this car on ebay has caused you all so much amusement,so I thought i would show you the old banger I bought on ebay
I hope I can add pictures
Its a 1990 2.5 d --been often misused ie. carrying bales of muddy hay in boot and on back seat--but it has cleaned up nice and I am proud of it

I paid £ 1120 for this car--a lot of money for us --70 yrs old,,pension of £150 a week ,,we dont shop at Spar ,,we use Aldi
My clothes are all ex-Oxfam
Our house is worth £80,000
Should doddery old sods like us not have a Merc.?
I have all the records for this car and it has only broken down once--the gearstick became disconnected from the gearbox--or should it be dearbox?
I see several modern Mercs broken down on motorway ,but have yet to see old one,,so they cant be bad
The only thing I regret is that I dont have a front drive to park the motor on
Any way I am happy

Attachments

• merc1.jpg
    merc1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 35
  • merc2.jpg
    merc2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 35
  • merc3.jpg
    merc3.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 35
Not saying people cannot have a merc, of course not, the more the merrier, but the advert itself put me off buying it, the way it is described, the language used just makes me think it has had rather a hard life.

I may be wrong but that is my general impression, and first impressions count ;):)

I see several modern Mercs broken down on motorway ,but have yet to see old one,,so they cant be bad
The only thing I regret is that I dont have a front drive to park the motor on
Any way I am happy
I'm sure modern Mercedes break down but do they breakdown as frequently as their older brothers\sisters? I suppose it also rests on what we call 'breakdown' or unreliability. Our modern chariots might go into limp mode, or the puddle light might not work, but and actuakl breakdown is not a common event and we are now seeing our cars having service intervals in excess of 14,000 miles, or if you have an Actros then are we looking at 60,000 mile intervals?? (100,000km)

Older Mercedes Benz are mature, elegant looking vehicles and I for one will never tire of looking at them, but would I prefer the older technology and is it more reliable? I'm not in any rush to make a judgement on that issue :)

Regards
John

There's more to go wrong on the modern Mercs.

I've been at the side of the road awaiting recovery before in my 124 :)

There's more to go wrong on the modern Mercs.

I've been at the side of the road awaiting recovery before in my 124 :)
Totally agree but is your 124 an old Merc? :eek:

Old TV's were terrribly unreliable, modern TV's are far more complex, yet the TV engineer is a dying trade. I cannot remember when my my TV broke down? I am NOT defending new Mercedes and of course the odd one will leave you stranded at the roadside, but how often on this forum do we read about a modern car actually coming to a grinding halt and refusing to move (apart from flat batteries :devil: :eek: :eek: which is old technology)

Regards
John

Totally agree but is your 124 an old Merc? :eek:

Old TV's were terrribly unreliable, modern TV's are far more complex, yet the TV engineer is a dying trade. I cannot remember when my my TV broke down? I am NOT defending new Mercedes and of course the odd one will leave you stranded at the roadside, but how often on this forum do we read about a modern car actually coming to a grinding halt and refusing to move (apart from flat batteries :devil: :eek: :eek: which is old technology)

Regards
John

Not old old old !! What's classfied as old to one person, may not be to another :D I class the 124's as oldish but still love them! :eek:

I don't think you see many old old Mercs about as a lot of them are stored, and before they come out have extreme services and checks incase anything does go wrong on a journey.

Now I wonder what he is talking about here::)

"JUST BEEN SERVICED 500 MILES AGO INCLUDING DEARBOX OIL"

What?? You've never had your oil replaced by the Dealership?? - Mine only supply dearbox oil :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom