Nice surprise from Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Just had a call thanking me for entering a draw to watch the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix live at Mercedes‑Benz World and apologising I had not won, but to say thanks for entering they are sending me a copy of Raymond Le Blanc's new cookbook! Suits me as I'm not interested enough to want to travel down there. Result!

Just had a call thanking me for entering a draw to watch the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix live at Mercedes‑Benz World and apologising I had not won, but to say thanks for entering they are sending me a copy of Raymond Le Blanc's new cookbook! Suits me as I'm not interested enough to want to travel down there. Result!
I received a similar call from Mercedes-Benz this week but they didn’t thank me and send me a cook book. They said my service was due and then couldn’t provide a quote 😁

I won nothing and didn't get a book either. Not even a phone call. Arrogant bar stewards. In fact, I am so upset that I am actually glad I didn't enter their draw!

I won nothing and didn't get a book either. Not even a phone call. Arrogant bar stewards. In fact, I am so upset that I am actually glad I didn't enter their draw!
😁

If it makes you feel better about them having the audacity to not call you after you didn’t enter their competition, then I could call you to give you a quote for a service but then be unable to give you one? Just say the word.

I entered the draw as well but I'd be really disappointed if they sent me a bloody cook book as a thank you. :(
Not me! I wouldn't want to drive all that way to watch film of blokes in cars going in circles!! Cook book much better!

What an odd prize to offer. Did this competition open before the first race of this season and MB expected Sir LH and Russel to take it to the last race for the title to see which one would be crowned while Red Bull licked their wounds at the back of the grid ?

The cookbook ? Straight to the charity shop. We have a bunch of them that my wife never looks at but refuses to get rid of 🤷‍♂️

What an odd prize to offer. Did this competition open before the first race of this season and MB expected Sir LH and Russel to take it to the last race for the title to see which one would be crowned while Red Bull licked their wounds at the back of the grid ?

The cookbook ? Straight to the charity shop. We have a bunch of them that my wife never looks at but refuses to get rid of 🤷‍♂️
It was recently, I’m sure I saw it in the last month or so.

Regarding cookbooks, we also have a line of them which are never used/ a big spring clean saw a few go this year but there are still far too many stood in the shelf!

Don't think the Cookbook is the actual issue, it could have been owt, it's the fact they gave anything at all
in this day and age, that was good, they didn't need too. 🙂

Going back a few years I entered a similar draw/competition and MB sent me an AMG Petronas cap , very nice .I rarely wear it as I'm not a fan of logoed clothing.

Got the same phone call but no cook book arrived yet. My wife is waiting for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom