Nikon D90

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Hi
Has anyone got a D90? If so what do you think of it? Or can you recommend anything similar which you think is better..

Thanks

BTB has superb pictures of his new puppy on here (new puppy thread).
He has a compact and a digital SLR.

I know he mentioned the model numbers -if you can find the thread:)

Can thoroughly recommend it and have seen many many great to excellent reviews about it. They say its one step away from being a press photographers bit of kit......

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

All the Nikon bodies are good but the kit lenses are poor. I'd buy an 18-55 f2.8 DX zoom and a body to go with it. If you need a longer lens the 80-200 f2.8 zoom is superb but heavy

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Like any camera its seems they are only as good as the person behind the lens..

I use flickr to host my pictures and that's quite good for seeing what other people have taken with what ever model your looking at.

http://www.flickr.com/cameras/nikon/d90/

Also I read DpReview. Thing is with camera's it does seem to be ery much your a Canon or Nikon person. It also can get very geeky if you aks for hlp on forums... almost too much information.

I would recommned you go to a shop and hold a D90 and get a feel for the buttons, what suits you may not suit me.

Oh No!

Bad news Crockers.
My brother-in-law works for Dixons (duty free airside) and the camera went up in price today from £621 to £695:eek:

Something to do with the Yen:(

He says it is a cracking camera though and I'm tempted myself:D

Bad news Crockers.
My brother-in-law works for Dixons (duty free airside) and the camera went up in price today from £621 to £695:eek:

Something to do with the Yen:(

He says it is a cracking camera though and I'm tempted myself:D

was that just for the body or with a lens ?

Pity - gotta add on a airline ticket to the price too.......:D

Any current Nikon (or Canon) D-SLR body will take excellent pictures with a good lens on it and a bit of knowledge/expertise. The standard kit lens (short zoom) is normally pretty average, you can often get a combo with a better one for a bit more.

The reviews on DPReview are about as good as you'll see ... you can skip to the 'conclusions' page for a good pro/con summary.

Good advice about actually going and holding a camera. I ended up with an EOS 20D (Canon ... the current version is the 50D!) because I liked the feel of the metal body.

I have a D90 which I bought refurbished on Ebay, With 2 Lenses 18-55 and 70-200 it was £200 you really cant tell the difference between this and a new one!
It is all down to individuals though so go and hold one, then look around for the best deal!
I am a true amateur, here are a couple of 'Snaps' with the D90
DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

I have a D90 which I bought refurbished on Ebay, With 2 Lenses 18-55 and 70-200 it was £200

you bought a nikon D90 with 2 lenses for £200?! where? I'd love one at that price.. actually, I'd probably pay that for body only as I can re-use my 18-200VR. if you feel like you want to move that camera on chatton, let me know :)

I currently have a nikon D50 which I really like. I've used an equivalent canon (450D I think it was) and I have to say I really didn't rate the build quality or the ergonomics. it felt cheap compared to the very solid nikons. I guess the canon was lighter though, but not in a good way. YMMV of course.

afaik, the D90 has most of the guts of the D300 in a slightly cheaper body. it gets very good reviews and wuold be ab great choice. it's also supposed to be very good at high iso's.

dave

Will be staying with me until it dies!
The Joys of Ebay misspellings:rock:

£200!!!! the lense are worth more than that - thats one hell of a deal!!

I have D80, and did a lot of research before I got, it had the internals of the D2x with a lot more automatics for point and shooters like me.

And the D90 is an improvement to the D80 while keeping to the sam trend of having the internals of the D3x - so it can only be better!!

In my opinion, if your not a pro or serious amateur than nothing will beat he D90 - if you have the pro element than go for the D3x.

Nikon is far superior than some of the other big names....

Will be staying with me until it dies!
The Joys of Ebay misspellings:rock:

you did extremely well then :) were you searching for nkon's or nikn's? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom