No fans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BWDuncan

Car
W202 C220 Diesel Elegance
Hi,

Yesterday was a beautiful day but a little bit toasty under the blue sky! I had the blowers on full blast for a while (something which the book advises against, I think) and now I got no air at all through them.

There is no noise of the fans turning, only the click of a relay under the passenger side airbag when I switch from off to 0.5 and back. I've only had the car a couple of weeks and the panel under the airbag is missing two bolts. Perhaps the previous owner had a similar problem?

Any ideas? The Haynes manual is in the post!

Thanks,
Bruce

Chances are you have burned something out,maybe the blower motor regulator? The exact age/model of your car might help?
How do I tell? It's P reg, C220 Diesel Elegance. I suppose the model is printed on the VIN plate or something? I'll have a closer look tonight.

Great, thanks! I'll have a look at that tonight if I can find enough Torx!

Bruce

Amazing. That HOWTO is spot on and just taking it apart and putting it together again "fixed" it! I'd love to know what caused it to fail in the first place, though. It wasn't full of crap and it turned easily by hand. Like other parts of this car, it's clearly been tinkered by someone else (only one screw remained on the panel).

Thanks again,
Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom