• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

noisy engine W140

Bumble

Car
W140
I think I have the noisiest Hydraulic lifter tapping in the West Midland, my car a CL (W140) [URL="dial://4.21997/"]4.2 1997[/URL] drives fine oil pressure good but need to sort it - have put in an additive but no joy - does anyone think another engine flush and oil change is worth a shot ? Does anyone know anyone close to Wolverhampton who does engine work - worried about the cost of a dealer and where the bill may end up if its not what I think ? have asked before but any ideas appreciated as the noise is now a major concern and cannot make my mind up if the expense is justifiable of car of this age .. love the car but etc etc

I would ecpect one of the oil feeder pipes for the tappetts is faulty. The end caps fall off them. Done a fair few.

thanks black c55, have not heard that one before ! is this a huge job - not mechanically minded and think I am being scared witless by garages - none of them can give me a proper diagnosis and cost....gonna have to go to garage again and see what they say

Google M119 common problems. It's a well known issue on these engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom