Noob question re W211 Command and CD changer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kdvd72

Car
2003 E320 Petrol
Hi all

New member here, and indeed a first time MB owner! Just got myself a 2003 W211 petrol E320, and loving it so far. It has the command unit fitted with nav and single CD - there is just storage immediately under it in the powered flap that lifts where the 6CD changer goes.
So I was wondering, having seen some reasonable used CD changer units on eBay, is it an easy thing to fit? And where do the cables from the new (used) CD changer connect to? I have already had a poke around and can easily see how it would mount in there with no problem - just want to know re the connections.
Any help hugely appreciated. i did have a browse around but couldn't see an answer to this specific question.
Thanks in advance.

Kev

You'd need to take out the false facia and see if the fibre optics and other cables are present.

You'd need to take out the false facia and see if the fibre optics and other cables are present.
Thanks so much for the quick reply - do you mean just in behind the powered switch flap, or to remove the whole command and check behind there? Cheers.

Behind the flap. That's what the CD changer replaces. Loads on u tube on how to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom