noobie who with a stumbled upon 202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bones202

Car
97 pre-facelift W202 C180
Hi everyone,

Im Steve, usually a BMW man and have been for years, recently threw the keys for an e46 coupe at an ex girlfriend (not literally;) ) just so she would leave........so needed another car quickly,

a day spent scouring gumtree and I stumbled across a p-plated, w202, with 60k miles, full service history, 2 owners from new and a months tax and test left for £400, long story short had a burst rear n/s brake pipe, car was overall in very good nick so parted with 360 sheets and drove it 20 miles home.....with no brakes!:doh:

Anyway, spent an hour in the garage putting in a new piece of pipe and bleeding the brakes and she was on the road!:thumb:

quick check over, new centre bearing, quick wash and in it went for an mot......failed......total cost to repair.......86p!:eek: for a genuine MB flexi hose clip

and honestly, it was only supposed to be a runaround until I got my E30 rebuilt, but I think it might end up staying, its a brilliant car for lazily cruising about in!

I know how everyone likes pics so heres some from when it was first picked up......should be a few more soon after some odds and sods of detailing that seem to keep getting done to it, but was surprisingly clean and has obviously been looked after by the old boy that's had it since it was a year old!

not too sure about the colour though.....and its had new front wings at some point so theyre not a match

Hi and welcome!

Newbie myself and also interested in a w202 in the very near future.

Love the colour of yours personally, it's probably quite similar to my E34 when it's in the sunshine.

Congrats on what sounds like a cracking deal you got, health to drive and shiny side up and all that.

Cheers storm.

I think once ive had a chance to do a full rotary on it then I might come round to a the colour. 202 seem to be pretty honest motors to be honest from what ive seen round this one.

needs a rear arch done as theres a couple of bubbles and on the boot either side of the number plate light strip is starting to go, but ill see how I get on with the E30 and how much money im going to plough into it, plus a new job possibly in the pipeline so ill see about booking it in for either a touch up or if im going to be working away there should be spare notes floating around for a decent enough colour change respray

gun metal grey sort of colour maybe??

dunno, was only supposed to be a runaround but mod ideas keep popping into my head, would need to face lift it at least before I even thought about a respray. so could just leave it how it is, and have a comfy cruiser........cant imagine the E30 being the most comfortable or practical daily motor once its fully stanced........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom