• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

NTG 5.1 & DAB

greenmantle

Car
W169
Hi

I have a 2016 GLS with DAB.
Since it was my only car I kind of put up with the DAB radio nonsense. I would get multiple entries for the same Radio Station.
When my car was in for a service I was lent an EQA and the DAB in that was brilliant.
So I asked the dealer if there was any outstanding firmware updates and they said no.
Therefore I am stumped as to whether there is an issue with the DAB radio or just the fact it is now rubbish.
I have had the car 6 years and I recall the DAB during the first number of years was better than it is now.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

If you have a phone charger or dashcam, try disconnecting them to test as they can sometimes interfere with the DAB signal.

If you have a phone charger or dashcam, try disconnecting them to test as they can sometimes interfere with the DAB signal.
I fitted a QI charger for my phone and it destroyed my DAB coverage. Soon removed it.

Reactions: Ted
It may well be that there are firmware updates for your audio-system (including the DAB tuner) - most MB dealers do not want to do them as occasionally things go wrong and the older the car is the more likely - so stock answer is "no".
If you are near Lightwater in Surrey, go see www.comand.co.uk who will check and do the update. DAB should work fine on that car, although there is a limit on the amount of stations it can hold, so sometimes you can't get stations unless you manually tune to them and save them ..

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom