• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

NTG 5E

seaeagle166

Car
Mercedes C200 Sport Premium estate 2016
I have an MB C200 sports premium estate with an ntg 5E audio system I am trieing to find out if there is apple car play on it and can it be acctivated or fit an affter market unit to the original audio and if so which one I am confident on fitting it and also going in to ennginering mode to alter it I have watched a few utube videos of the ngt 5 ennginering system but none of the show my acctual adio unit please can any body help
thanks

You need to have the smartphone logo next to one of your usb ports inside your centre console area to have carplay installed remotely.. if not then you will need to go down aftermarket route and get a module wired in to work with your current controls and screen..

Is you car equipped with COMAND or Audio20?

The pre-facelift W205 (2014-2018) had COMAND NTG5*2 which does not have native support for Apple CarPlay. It can still be added using 3rd party hardware.

The facelift model (2018-2023) had COMAND NTG5.5, which does have native support for Apple CarPlay, however Apple CarPlay wasn't fitted as standard, instead it was a separate option. Look for options 14U, 16U, and 17U on the Datacard - if these options are not showing, then your car doesn't have Apple CarPlay.

Talk to www.commandonline.co.uk regarding activating or retrofitting Apple CarPlay to your car.

This is what was on the data card AUDIO 20 RADIO NAVIGATION CAPABLE NTG5

This is what was on the data card AUDIO 20 RADIO NAVIGATION CAPABLE NTG5
In a 2016 C class you will have NTG 5*1 audio 20. You need an aftermarket interface to get Apple CarPlay / Android Auto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom