NTG1 GPS Antenna

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
I lost the navigation last week whilst in London and my sat nav now shows a map of West London despite the car being parked on my driveway in Poole.
I assume, correctly or not that the GPS antenna is faulty and needs replacing so ,being hasty, I ordered one of these GPS Navi antenna Fakra for Mercedes APS 50 W211 COMAND NTG System Radio Adapter | eBay which I believe is correct for my DVD based APS NTG1 Comand.

Thinking about it afterwards, I really don't have much idea where this plugs in. Will it have a connection in the back of the DVD drive in the boot and the magnetic box in the photo sticks to the inside of the boot? Or, does the comand unit in the dash have to come out and have this new unit plugged into the back of the Comand?

I really didn't think this through and probably should have held out and got an OEM antenna from comandonline, but for the cost £9 + postage its not a deal breaker.

Any thoughts would be appreciated to get the nav working again.

The antenna connects to the rear of the Navigation drive in the boot. If you carefully route it up under the rear parcel shelf it can sit there. It should see quite happily through the glass and plastic. give it time to find satellites. When it does, drive the car about 20MPH and it will update the position.

Be careful when routing the cable not to foul the boot closing mechanism/hinges.

As Alfie says. Mine did exactly the same about a month ago and Command Online fitted a new one under the parcel shelf so it still looks OE. Works perfectly with no issues at all. Mine failed in Milton Keynes when I was taking my son to an important appointment. Milton Keynes is basically a load of identical roads with no names connected by about thirty identical looking roundabouts. Got completely lost until google came to the rescue.

definately make sure boot closes ok , and also opens , i did mine a few weeks back and had to redo it as it did foul the hinges , due to me using cable ties.

Help mine suddenly did the same thing.

Anyone know where it is in the wagon?

I had the bootlid resprayed so the trim has been taken on and off on the bootlid but nothing else. It was working ok after respray but stopped working yesterday again in London.

The car thinks I’m in London when I’m at home in the Midlands lol

Help please guys

I've seen your other post, so you can rule out the GPS antenna.
I don't envy you trying to clean the navigation drive out before getting another disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom