Obtaining service history

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As Mark says officialy they will not supply this.
No reason the seller cannot get access to the system other than the fact it is too much trouble for them.

Two things you can do though
1: Check the MOT history on the DVLA web site.
2: Go to My Mercedes Service web site and input the vehicle details (private plate removals can cause problems) and mileage to see how much a service is. They will list the last known mileage so if this is shown as 20k and the car has 100K on it then gives you an idea when it was last at the main dealer.
That is really handy. My search continues and I've been able to check each car. :thumb:

Thanks for the advice everyone, especially Jobsworth for the service info, I bought a e220 convertible today.:thumb:

Incidentally, below is the reply from MB about the service history enquiry. Obviously, I didn't need to pursue it, but thought i'd copy it here for the archives.

"Good Afternoon,

To obtain a copy of your service history, please contact [email protected] / 0080097777777

Kind Regards

Sharon Parker

Digital Service Book
Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited
E-Mail: [email protected]".

I've got a question... I tried to obtain any electrical/digital service history and was told anything pre 2012 or so doesn't have any digital service history - surely any services are logged on say a central mercedes computer database?

Thanks in advance and sorry if the mercedes method previously mentioned should work in my case!

I've got a question... I tried to obtain any electrical/digital service history and was told anything pre 2012 or so doesn't have any digital service history - surely any services are logged on say a central mercedes computer database?

Thanks in advance and sorry if the mercedes method previously mentioned should work in my case!

The Digital Service Book came into being in 2007. Not sure where the figure 2012 came from.

Prior to 2007, services were logged locally on the dealership's computer, and in the paper service book. There was no central database for logging services prior to 2007.

As markjay suggests, digital service books were introduced by Mercedes in 2007 so cars registered from say mid-2007 should have a digital service book.

If you car was registered before this date then you rely on the records kept by the owner (service book or receipts) or the dealer records (copy invoices).

If you’re car does not have a digital service book and the dealer who serviced the car doesn’t have have records going back beyond 2012 then you’re out of luck.

It could be they changed systems in 2012 or it could be that their data retention policy means that they destroy records after specific amount of time.

Thanks for the replies,
When I emailed the local jct600 they said via email:
"good afternoon
If this is an 07 plate vehicle, it won’t be supported by a digital service record and would have had a book stamped.
Kind regards"

🤣 That was sheffield jct600

Thanks

By the way, mine was registered 28th march 2007 according to the full hpi check
Thanks
Your car may be “just” before the switch to Digital Service Book, I have a car registered in January 2007 in the same situation.

I'm always astounded that folks just buy a car without seeing the service history first!

Dealer will spout all sorts of bull about not being able to get access to it.
This simply translates to them not being bothered.
Sometimes a car just looks and feels right. They all break and owning these cars is easier when you make yourself aware of how to do some of your own maintenance. I could never have run the cars I have without being hands on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom