Oil level? C200, 2018 reg,petrol engine,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smaccapri

Car
Mercedes c class 200 automatic 2018 reg, 1.5 petrol estate
Hi all,
I have a Mercedes c200, 2018 reg, 1.5l petrol and I am trying to check the oil.
But I keep getting the same message 'engine oil level measuring now ' I have waited 15 minutes with no change to the message.
I have tried checking oil level before starting car from the night before.
I have waited 20 and 30 minutes after switching car off, but still the same message on all oil level checks.
Am I doing something wrong and if so can anyone put me right.
Thanks Steven

Attachments

• Oil level .jpg
    Oil level .jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Well I have never had that happen,but if I were you I would disconnect the battery for 10 mins and then see what happens,it costs nothing to do and might reset whatever has gone wrong.

Well I have never had that happen,but if I were you I would disconnect the battery for 10 mins and then see what happens,it costs nothing to do and might reset whatever has gone wrong.
I have now had the battery disconnected and reconnected and still nowt has changed.

Does the cars manual give a procedure to follow?
I am going to look for the instructions manual, we moved house and it's in a box somewhere.
I think I maybe need to drive for 30 minutes but not sure if it's related to the Mercedes or another car I've had.
So much information on Google and YouTube but maybe not correct information.
Definitely need to find the manual. Thanks

Okay, still can't figure out how to get the oil level on the dash.
And Cant find the instructions manual yet,it's not where I thought it was.
It must be something simple and Google is no help for some reason.
Mercedes wont explain either, they want me to drop the car off and leave it for a fee.
Garage is over an hour's drive,
Think I will search online for an instruction manual, will come in handy for other information.

My Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee didn't come with one as standard (Merc 270 5 pot).....but did have the tube with a sealed cap. Just bought the dipstick online and broke the seal off the tube and in it went.....Much better!!

Thanks for your replies, found this on an American instruction manual, will give it a go tomorrow.
Cant believe the engine has to be running to get the oil level checked.

Attachments

• compressed_1674330193807.jpg
    compressed_1674330193807.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for your replies, found this on an American instruction manual, will give it a go tomorrow.
Cant believe the engine has to be running to get the oil level checked.
Yeah my mini cooper you have to drive for 30 mins before it will tell you 🙄 bonkers stuff

FYI the UK manuals are here
- select C Class, and then select the appropriate year.
Or download the Mercedes App 'Mercedes Benz Guides' and select C Class and the appropriate year for a manual on your phone as an App

Reactions: 190

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom