OM642 does it have a DPF please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr tibbs

Car
S211 E320 Estate
I have a 2005 (55) E320 CDI with the OM642 V6 diesel engine. Does this engine have a DPF and if so what would running DPF cleaner through it achieve please|?
TIA

Keith

As a quick check you could have a look at your exhaust tips , sooty - no /DPF , clean - DPF.

K

Exhaust tips are sooty.... I have found the VIN data sheet and no mention of code 474.
Guess that sorts that out then.
Thanks guys ;)

Keith

On early models the 474 code isn't always obvious, it can be at the top above the codes.
I've had a 2004 with DPF and a 2005 (C class 642) w/o.
The clear cut way is to look for the DPF filter along the exhaust, given away by 3 sensors that will be into it.
No DPF and you can only expect a Labda sensor in a cat.

It doesn't sound like you do though, lucky you.

I have a 2005 (55) E320 CDI with the OM642 V6 diesel engine. Does this engine have a DPF and if so what would running DPF cleaner through it achieve please|?
TIA

Keith
diesels from 2001 all fitted with dpf was part of euro 4 emissions, some have monitored systems some dont.

TIA

Keith
diesels from 2001 all fitted with dpf was part of euro 4 emissions, some have monitored systems some dont.

I'm dyslexic and want to know if I can send my PDF to the garage by email?

Diesels were required to have a DPF to comply with Euro5 which was introduced in 2009. My 2008 OM642 (Euro4) does not have a DPF though it was an option.

I'm dyslexic and want to know if I can send my PDF to the garage by email?

My wifes dicks electric and that replaces hemale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom