• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

OM642 engine smoke.

Not sure OP if you took the time to read my post above but you certainly put me a little more at rest......
Did you have the Valve Stem seals replaced as a precautionary measure or where there signs of wear?
Good luck with the "put together" and yes, look forward to your updates!
Yes I had new stem seals fitted, purely as a precaution.

Not sure OP if you took the time to read my post above but you certainly put me a little more at rest......
Did you have the Valve Stem seals replaced as a precautionary measure or where there signs of wear?
Good luck with the "put together" and yes, look forward to your updates!
I also had the turbo reconditioned as I felt the play in the shaft was excessive. It had a new actuator fitted and a new core....which has just as much play in it. I queried it with the remanufacturer (Midland Turbos) and they said that was correct. Aparrently the play disappears with oil pressure.

FWIW......

I post similar in another post

On the carbon sludge in the intake this is due to sending exhaust gas {EGR system] back into the intake along with the PCV / crank case pressure valve {this is what MB calls it] venting into the turbocharger, both not good for any engine.

Installing a catch can / oil separator system will be beneficial in reducing the build up in the intake manifold.

If interested review the MANN + HUMMEL ProVent System"

https://oe-products.mann-hummel.com/fileadmin/user_upload/kataloge/kataloge-wartungsanleitungen-mann+hummel/kurbelgehauseentlueftung/ProVent_en.pdf

Very easy to install.

Regards

Joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom