Om642. Hard brake pedal. Engine issue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah I forgot to check that oil supply on my friend car, which may take weeks now to see him again.

So you think that my oil supply hole could be sealed with that ball bearing? If you are saying that was on earlier cars could it mean someone changed the cylinder head from earlier model not knowing the blockage?
Because I tried putting the flexible wire in it goes only in 15cm and hits something more like metal which makes sense because there is cylinder head gasket at that distance. When I changed oil cooler seals I have checked whether someone used sealant in that point at cylinder head but no it looks like fat copper seal.
If that’s the reason there is no way unblocking that that hole with removing hole cylinder head.
That's not good news

F822DA4A-6801-470E-B9A5-D3E323240575.jpeg No.My brake booster has only two inputs one for brake master cylinder and second one for vacuum hose to be attached nothing electronic and no wires. That’s why I don’t get any faults in dashboard

If all else fails - or it can help with the diagnosis - an electric pump can be used.
Jaguar use them - I have a link to one if needed.

Not bad idea for electric pump.
Yeah, please send me a link
Much appreciated
Hope they are not noisy?
Thank you

I thought the link I had was for a new part but is a used one >> Brake Booster Servo Air Vacuum Pump Jaguar X-type 2001-2003 for sale online | eBay
Nonetheless, gives the flavour of the thing. A mate uses one on his Blackbird engined fortwo wired to the brake switch. Above the racket of the Blackbird unit, the pump is inaudible! Quiet enough for Jaguar though.

Is it possible that the cam drive to vacuum pump engagement is slipping?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. It’s not possible cam end drive to slip. I have measured it everything seats tight.

about the electric pump
wire it to brake light switch?
Do I need bigger fuse then or something?

No. It’s not possible cam end drive to slip. I have measured it everything seats tight.

about the electric pump
wire it to brake light switch?
Do I need bigger fuse then or something?

I'd wire it through a relay if I was going to. For safety, it has to be a robust connection.
Be careful if car is CANbus - the rest of the electrics may not appreciate another (and unrecognised) load on the brake switch.

Am aceeași problemă, ai găsit o soluție?

doar pe loc cu motorul la ralanti pedala este foarte tare si imi da si eroare frana de parcare

I have the same problem, how did you solve it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom