Only 1 mirror folding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terrier23

Car
C Class 220d (W204)
I purchased a 2013 C Class W204 this week and the drive is fantastic however I've got 2 main issues which I can't figure out.

Folding Mirrors:

Only one the driver side mirror folds in when you lock the car, or press the button the driver side door. I've tried turning the feature on/off in settings, but still no luck.

The driver side mirror folds in, and I did watch a video where someone took the cover off, and he bent the mirror the other way
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
)

It seems like the passenger side is not sitting correctly. I can fold it in manually towards the car, but it doesn't fold the other way

I've searched online but I haven't been able to find a solution at all.

Whistle over 55mph:

I've noticed a loud whistle/whine when driving over 55mph. It seems to be from the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side and near the mirror. I'm not sure if they are in conjunction with one another, but I've driven the a few W204s and never noticed this at all.

The sound is almost identical to this video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm trying to get hold of the garage but they're not getting back to me (typical).

Any help with this would be appreciated. I'm hoping the wind whistle is to do with the passenger mirror either not sitting correctly, or being out of place so the aerodynamics are off and this is causing the noise.

Thanks

Regarding the mirror, if not physically broken it may well be a broken wire in the loom that supplies the mirror power supplies, heating etc.

This is very common, if it is a broken wire they can be difficult to trace as the wires are all black (or they are on my W211). It took my Indie about an hour to trace and fix the fault

OK, Thanks.

I might have a look myself. I can't seem to bend it outwards like in the first video. The driver side mirror moves outwards, but the passenger mirror doesn't want to budge at all.

I've managed to take off the mirror cover of. I can see that the blue wire clips into the mirror cover when you clip it back on. Do you know what the black wire with the 2 prongs is for in the top left of the photo?

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_165300.jpg
    IMG_20200308_165300.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom