• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Opinions please £8K for an average 126

He's had it a year and done 24,000 miles so that is a lot of daily driving. Take away the lpg kit, which spoils the originality for me, and realistically it should be halved in price if chrome and bodywork are genuinely superb.

Well, it does look like it is in excellent condition, however, as above the LPG ruins it for me, as does the colour and lack of either tex, leather or velour upholstery.

If what he says is true it's got to be one of the nicest examples of it's type.

It hasn't got a proper size engine otherwise it could be interesting........:devil::D

I always have half an eye open for a nice one of these but it strikes me that the minute you don't have air con then your chances of top top money are gone. There are a few 500s around at sensible mileage for less than this that have been around for a12 months without air. All the ones with air have sold in that time. Just ill informed casual observer 2p worth.

Of course it is overpriced, the LPG and velour seats make it even worse. If you're going to have a w126 and have that much money to spend you might as well wait patiently for a 560SEL or late 265 bhp 500SE/SEL and enjoy more standard equipment as well as originality.

The way you titled this thread answered your own question. It is average and it is eight large. It's too much.

Tidy enough, mind but interesting at half the price.

here it is... no need to start a new thread after all. well guys we were all wrong. it sold.

I paid 1.4k for my mint 420sel in 2007' amadine red, grey leather, aircon, pretty much every extra, FSH and 180k on the clock, minimal rust

Looked into purchasing a W126 a while back and there's no need to spend £8K, never mind that this one is only a 300 and poor spec. Top whack, £5k for a well spec'ed, good colour, low mileage 500SE/L, I even considered spending just 2k.

I reckon part of the reason for the OTT asking price is simply the owner spent 1.5k on a gas kit and wants to recoup that and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom